Name That Deficiency!

• Thread starter ahemait
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ahemait

ahemait

These are from several different strains, from 2-5 weeks into flower.

Soil. Water is ph6.5.
No soil ph testing.

Name that deficiency
Name that deficiency 2
Name that deficiency 3

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

First thought is your pH still isn't right or Root Aphids

ahemait

ahemait

First thought is your pH still isn't right or Root Aphids
You may be the winner!
I was trying to identify the little things but having looked, it's definitely root aphids.

Thanks my friend! Any genocidal tips?
I'm seeing pyrethrum and diatomaceous earth (I have a bag of this) and others are effective. Any better than another? I have soil so hopefully something I can use on flowering plants, in the soil

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

@Tasty Buds the damage from root aphids look like a cal mag or phos issue in flower

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

@ahemait in flower the only thing I'd use to combat is of biowar Foliar and Root paks make a Tea and drench at 100%

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

You may be the winner!
I was trying to identify the little things but having looked, it's definitely root aphids.

Thanks my friend! Any genocidal tips?
I'm seeing pyrethrum and diatomaceous earth (I have a bag of this) and others are effective. Any better than another? I have soil so hopefully something I can use on flowering plants, in the soil
Yeah, I've had em in a warehouse grow. WHAT A BITCH!!!! PH, and aphids issued can manifest themselves to look like almost any deficiency. I, well the guy I was helping out at the time, had a BAD infestation in his warehouse. It's pretty difficult to ID an aphid prob by look of leaves. To get rid of aphids in a several thousand as ft area....ya gotta clean/throw away everything, bomb/nuke, and lose time.

scubascrog

scubascrog

That is a phos deficiency in the first pic. by ph swing or no phos. the spotting does look like MG because it is in between the stems of the leaf.

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

It's not a deficiency, he has identified Root Aphids. Root Aphids mimic deficiencies

ahemait

ahemait

That is a phos deficiency in the first pic. by ph swing or no phos. the spotting does look like MG because it is in between the stems of the leaf.
I'd agree with that except the ph has been stable. I've had some issues starting seeds with my re-amended soil mix and I believe whatever this little critter is has been the cause. Clones make it just not seeds, which concerns me a great deal.

ahemait

ahemait

It's not a deficiency, he has identified Root Aphids. Root Aphids mimic deficiencies
I talked to a greenhouse guy and he was emphatic that root aphids don't exist.
I didn't have my phone with me to specify phylo-whatever they were called, but all he had was an aerosol spray and told me not to water too much so the soil dries out, which is difficult in a top feed drip irritation set up : |

I read botaniguard is effective but in Canada one needs a license to obtain it.

I have a bunch of diatomaceous earth I can use for a top dress but that won't do much for what's in the soil.

I dunno. This is getting complicated.

Top Bottom