Name this Def

• Thread starter Purkle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Purkle

Premium Member
Supporter
This deficiency is spreading slowly and seems to start at the top. The leaf ends up bleached out looking and curling upwards. HELP!!! Thanks guys!

Name this def
Name this def 2
Name this def 3
P

Purkle

Premium Member
Supporter
It could be heat but it is happening to multiple plants through out the garden and sometimes on the outside of the canopy where heat isnt an issue.

I am using a soil-less medium with Canna Substra nutrients, Cal-mag, Molasses, and 50/50 well water/RO water. I have since switched to pure RO water thinking something in my well water has locked out my nutes somehow. My well water is @ 200ppm.

IMG 1142
IMG 1143
IMG 1145
P

Purkle

Premium Member
Supporter
24 days in flower and one plant is almost 100% covered in this def and spreading slowly to others. SHIT!! I will try to get shots of the worst one, it is awful.

G

Guano

Phosphorus could also be getting locked out due to temps below 50F/10C or pH so if it's not heat I'd check these things next.

Since they're in flower I have to believe it's phos def.

P

Purkle

Premium Member
Supporter
My temp variance is only 10-15 degrees dif and never below 68degrees F. I dont check PH because I was told that Canna is self buffering and not to bother. Canna says to use PK 13/14 three weeks before harvest, and I have never experienced a phos def so this is what it could be I guess. BTW Thank you for helping me Guano!!!

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Always adjust to 5.8 PH or so for your solution with coco. Flush it and start back at half dose for one watering and you'll be fine.

P

Purkle

Premium Member
Supporter
No coco here just a soil-less medium called Sunshine 4 with rice hulls mixed in for aeration. The flush sounds good, I am thinking of doing 1/4 strength for the flush. Im gonna be 5 weeks in though and time to start the PK 13/14 soon.

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Ahh, sorry purkle. Anytime I hear Canna I think coco. Are you using Canna Terra nutes then in Sunshine #4? A little PK should do the trick after a flushing.

P

Purkle

Premium Member
Supporter
Im am using their Substra Line designed for hydro, my medium is neutral so it is basically hydro with the forgiveness of soil.

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Got it, you're on the right path. :yes

They have a lot of different products. Last time I was at the hydro shop I was shocked with how many different lines they had. With the exception of straight organics, I always buffer but I've seen the bottle your talking about where they say it's self buffering. I don't buy it and would still adjust it. Just my 2 cents though.

P

Purkle

Premium Member
Supporter
I noted above that I was using 50% well water with PPM of 200 and 50% Ro water. I have swithched to 100% Ro now.

Big Buddy

Big Buddy

I use the sunshine 4 as well, and thats the reaction i get with a ph fluctuation, well, i guess anyone really eh, lol. But ya, listen to the boys, the fix is the same, just thought id give it to ya from a fellow sunshiner. 6.3 ph works well in the sunshine too bro. Now sungro actually sends me a special blend with added guano, castings and perlite, so slight difference, and would be considered soil for me for the most part, but other than that, has the same tendancies.(i 've also used the normal #4)

P

Purkle

Premium Member
Supporter
Here is some full body shots. Sheesh she is covered.

IMG 1157
IMG 1159
Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
Next grow add your PK13/14 at the start of flower but only at 1 to 2 ml per gallon and then increase it to what they recommend at week 5 or 6 . It looks like some other plants are not touched by this ?

P

Purkle

Premium Member
Supporter
true not all are affected but it is spreading.?

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
I've only grown in Sunshine mix 1 time so I don't want to give ya any advice since I only use coco and I wish I could help ya my friend . I will say that using the PK sooner should help pack flowers on better and a bit faster . Are you able to get bags of coco Purkle for your next grow ?

P

Purkle

Premium Member
Supporter
I could but have never had good luck with it at all. I did give them a pk boost at first flip of the lights with about 2 mil per gal but stopped after that. Maybe I will give the coco a spot in my next run. Thanks for everything guys and I will let ya know how they finish.

F

FastForward

I don't know if this is a red herring, but my 3D is very sick and looks similar - had yellow patches appear on lower leaves then worked its way up yellowing all the leaves. I think mine has pythium or some other root problem because it came over into coco from a failed aeroponic experiment.

I've no idea what you're doing re: microherd but if nothing else is working maybe try nuking the rootzone, with H2o2 or DM Zone...?

Top Bottom