Nanners - are they okay?

• Thread starter FastForward
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FastForward

I've got nanners on my Cherry Assassin - day 67 - i.e. very late flower/flush.....am I okay to just cut them off at harvest? Do they mean anything to the quality of smoke?

Cheers

FF

ShortStackz

ShortStackz

If you got another week or 2 of flush left than cut them off now. If you got a couple days left or the the hairs are all red/dead than it shouldn't really matter.

H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
That close to the end I wouldn't worry about them unless you have other plants in there at earlier stages of development like a perpetual grow.
I'm jealous tho...I went 5 for 5 male on the Cherry Assassin. Was really hoping for at least one female. Have 10 seed left for another day fortunately.
I'm curious...how did they grow for you? Can you post a shot of them? Comments?

L

likeakite

Yeah, nanners so close to harvest proly wont even get mature enough to open and spread pollen.

When you get male flowers early in bloom, they have enough time to mature, open, and cause problems. Thats the ones you want to pluck off the male parts...or eliminate it from the garden

O

ojd

yeah just cut them off man

how many bananers
5-10 or more

it wont afect thye taste or potency of the bud

F

FastForward

They're randomly dotted around the main cola on the Cherry....I think I left her in a few days too long....she was probably ready around 9 weeks but I let her go because the trichs weren't at least all cloudy (anything less is just too light for me)...and then the nanners appeared. Will post photos tomorrow when I chop her down....she's in 48 hours darkness atm....

Thanks for the help all

H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
You're such a tease FF. :wait

BombBP

BombBP

She'll Be Alright

I had a grape krush hybrid start putting out nanners around 70 days in. None of them ever opened. I let her go probably a few weeks too long and i'm thinking this is what did it:).

Bad 1232
F

FastForward

Cheers...I just smoked a test nug and whilst I was rolling it a perfect seed popped out :( I hope there's not too many in here...I think I might have a light leak or something... arse....

J

Jalisco Kid

FF you need to take care.Smoking hemies can make you sterile. I have the facilities to correctly dispose your problem.Please let me know if I can assist in anyway. lol

I find herms lie in the breeding more then the room. Some crosses, not many are susceptible to light. Usually I feel the come from high ppm late in flower,they do not like getting pushed late in life. Heat and too cold will do this also.
I have 2 strains you could walk in and turn the light on every night and nothing will happen.100* air temps water high 80's* no problem. JK

Z

zoochory

Usually I feel the come from high ppm late in flower,they do not like getting pushed late in life.
Agreed. High levels of nutes are the greatest stress factor, without a doubt.

Edit: single and double nanners aint that big of a problem. Singles and doubles often don't got the opening mechanism that clusters have, and therefore they don't open by themselves.

lilzayne

lilzayne

^^^
This is really interesting stuff... i gave one of my casey's a really weak dose of cal mag say around week 7. Couple days ago (58ish) a saw a nanner on the main cola. It was only one and i plucked it... could be a few more but not to worried about it. I was a bit skeptical on giving it but i have another plant and thought why not experiment. My temps are always under 80... so probably not due to heat.
Anyways this could as well possibly be due to giving it a lil extra dose of cal mag l8 in flower. I'll be sure to always cut out the cal mag around weak 6 from here on it out.
Peace out

C

cb303

i'm with the last few guys on the nute stress .i've have had my purple diesel for over a year and never had a herm problem with her, she has always been very stable .my grow store shot me samples of moab and i gave it a shot on one female at the end of week 5, and by the end of that week she popped two nanners . knowing that she will be ready soon they got trimmed off and i'm going to allow her to finish under a close eye . But i will remove the moab from my grows .

K

komo dod

i have had some of my jack the ripper get male flowers at the end of flowering but its always to late to produce seeds

Top Bottom