Nanners In Buds. Week 7. What Can I Expect?

• Thread starter 303 DUB
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
303 DUB

303 DUB

Just noticed the nanners and am coming to the realization I'm gonna have seeds in my weed.. Fuckkk! I noticed a bunch of nanners on various parts of my grow. I don't see. Any actual seeds but it looks like there could be some onside my buds. Any buddy have any input in what i can expect. Just noticed the nanners in the beginning of week 7 as this is my first experience with hermies. So I'm not entirely sure what I'm in for or if I maybe could have recognized it sooner. Either way.. Should I take them to 8 weeks like I planned or chop em now? Will another week give seeds a chance to become more prevalent?

Toaster79

Toaster79

Seeds need about 4 weeks to develop fully. You are gonna have some seeds but undeveloped and it may even be that those nanners are sterile. You can also use mix of water and isopropyl alcohol to kill pollen comming from those nanners.

Keep it green!

M

motz

Are they nanners or balls, nanners take a pair of tweezers and pull'em out of there.
Plant is trying to reproduce itself it knows it's about done.
Balls you got another problem then and you need to figure it out before your next doings.

phoenixfire

phoenixfire

Just noticed the nanners and am coming to the realization I'm gonna have seeds in my weed.. Fuckkk! I noticed a bunch of nanners on various parts of my grow. I don't see. Any actual seeds but it looks like there could be some onside my buds. Any buddy have any input in what i can expect. Just noticed the nanners in the beginning of week 7 as this is my first experience with hermies. So I'm not entirely sure what I'm in for or if I maybe could have recognized it sooner. Either way.. Should I take them to 8 weeks like I planned or chop em now? Will another week give seeds a chance to become more prevalent?
Pics would be great? How obvious are the nanners, are they on every branch or here and there? How close to milky white are the trichs? Do you have any other females in same room at a younger age? And finally are you sealed or vented? Peace and hermie grease bro bruduh brah!!!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
A little squirt of water on the nanner first before plucking helps.
And a spritz around the girls, in case any pollen was actually dropped. :)
This is not uncommon to occur this late in flowering. Many strains will do this, but my experience says any Chemdog D is going to do this, often earlier in flower. It's really no big deal at this stage, but spritz spritz spritz with water to prevent pollination. When that room is finished, give it a shower to be sure any pollen that may have been released. No need to wonder if pollen has been dropped, you can see it. If you do, spritz it.

In the meantime, read my thread on how to tell when to harvest without a loupe.

Quagmire

Quagmire

Sucks man.. if it was just a few spots I'd say cut the buds off and cut your losses on the few, just watch them close and pluck off any new ones.. seeds take 6wks to be mature enough to harvest and use, But, you don't want to use these or pass them along to anyone.. hopefully your growing a 8wk strain and it won't affect to much. Have the pollen sac's opened?? And this is either in the genetics, a light leak or heavy stress like very high heat.. usually genetics or light leak.
Time to lock yourself in your closet with lights off, then wait a good 5 min for your eyes to totally adjust.. check for light leaks.. better to find pollen sac's at week 7 then earlier, you may yet save this smoke bro..
3 Times you can harvest.. All clear trich's , a bit racy and doesn't last quite as long.. Milky, more of an up high/motivational yet relaxing, good daytime.... 30-60% amber trich's, the stoney couch lock buzz we're more used to.. good luck man..

Bones69

Bones69

If I may add a question to this because I had a very similar situation, If you took this pollen from the nanner's and put it on another female plant during flower, would this give you female beans or will the beans most likley hermi? Sorry for imposing and throwing this question out there on your post Quagmire but I am very curious about this. I had a plant that every time I walked into my room, I had to pull her out just to get in. Needless to say she hermied on me but well late during flowering.
peace.

Myco

Myco

If nanners start popping up at the beginning of week 7, as in 42 days, then yeah it could be a little bit of a problem, depending on the amount of nanners (or full on ballsacks), and whether or not the nanners are sterile. Sometimes they will produce a shitload of pollen, sometimes none.

The best thing to do is be vigilant, like others have said, spray water on said nanner(s) and pluck them out with tweezers. Check quickly for light leaks... even though you're that far in to flower, if the nanners are being caused by a light leak or any other stress, you could still fix the problem, with 2-4 weeks left.

If the nanners are simply genetic, well, get out your tweezers and spray bottle...

In the past when I've had a garden explode with heavy pollen producing nanners, I do end up chopping a bit earlier than I would've. It varies situation to situation...

Good luck.

H

happy b

If I may add a question to this because I had a very similar situation, If you took this pollen from the nanner's and put it on another female plant during flower, would this give you female beans or will the beans most likley hermi? Sorry for imposing and throwing this question out there on your post Quagmire but I am very curious about this. I had a plant that every time I walked into my room, I had to pull her out just to get in. Needless to say she hermied on me but well late during flowering.
peace.
The resulting offspring will be all female but will be pre disposed to hermi like the pollen donor . you could lower the chances of all offspring herming by using a good solid female but you'd be better putting your effort into decent seeds that arnt almost guaranteed to herm on you.

Puffntuff

Puffntuff

I had a plant do this to me when I pollenated a lower branch. I think the plant got jealous and wanted to self itself. Sometimes the nanners are sterile as they were in my case.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
peace.
I'm not sure where this idea comes from that the beans from a hermi will be female. I started out growing the beans of hermies. They were decidedly *not* all female. Far from it, in fact. The females hermed (early on) and the males didn't stay male, either.

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

There's a difference between a hermi and a female that will go intersex.

A true hermi grows both sexual organs from the start. Off spring will be both male and female. But very hermi.

A female that turns intersex for whatever reason, will throw anthers "nanners" or a stray sack but is still 100% female. Off spring from this pollen will be 100% female.

This is my un educated theory, at least.

Bones69

Bones69

Well yeah it was a female plant that threw out the nanners she was just 2 weeks shy of harvest when I noticed this weird looking thing sticking out of her and upon further investigation, she hermied on me. I know the offspring would still carry the hermie g,
But I'll give it a shot just grow them away from my other grows and keep a Spray bottle and tweezers handy. Lol this is something I learned here.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Well yeah it was a female plant that threw out the nanners she was just 2 weeks shy of harvest when I noticed this weird looking thing sticking out of her and upon further investigation, she hermied on me. I know the offspring would still carry the hermie g,
But I'll give it a shot just grow them away from my other grows and keep a Spray bottle and tweezers handy. Lol this is something I learned here.
I see the late flowering 'hermies' as something different, as Dman said to me once, "They're survival nanners!" I have experimented with pollinating the Chem '91 I had that always did it late in flower to see if I could stop it, and it did not stop those late flower nanners. But, they never had pollen in them so I believe they would have been inviable in any event. Since the Chem lines are something I like so much, I forgive them their nanners.

Unosnow

Unosnow

There's a difference between a hermi and a female that will go intersex.

A true hermi grows both sexual organs from the start. Off spring will be both male and female. But very hermi.

A female that turns intersex for whatever reason, will throw anthers "nanners" or a stray sack but is still 100% female. Off spring from this pollen will be 100% female.

This is my un educated theory, at least.

Hey bro, i know this isnt related to OP but hermie plants producing nanners that pollinate a photo fem is how you can ensure your plant will reproduce only fem seeds?
That is pretty awesome! cant believe i didnt know that
Wish i had actually i would of crossed my Sleestack with Happiness!

M

motz

Hey bro, i know this isnt related to OP but hermie plants producing nanners that pollinate a photo fem is how you can ensure your plant will reproduce only fem seeds?
That is pretty awesome! cant believe i didnt know that
Wish i had actually i would of crossed my Sleestack with Happiness!
Only back to the same plant thou^^^^

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Fem seeds are created by hitting the pollinated spot with colloidal silver or the like. Just cause a plant hermies and is seeded, doesn't mean thays how fem.seeds are made. Thays how more shit genetics are spread around. With a few exceptions such as gg4.

Top Bottom