Nanners!

• Thread starter Calixylon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Calixylon

Calixylon

I have three gals going in a small 2 x 4 tent, one of them is starting to throw nanners and its 35 days in. What would you do, would you pull the plant, it will be half decent smoke, but not great yields, or would you just let it ride and hopefully it only seeds the plant a little bit. Seems like there on the tops of the colas inside the bud. I can only see two, but pulled one of last week, so i know theres more. Just dont want the other two plants to get messed up, one has another month at least the other may be done round 55 days

H

happy b

It really depends to be honest . some nanners are obviously throwing pollen and then there's nanners that don't look as though they are . If you can touch the nanner and get pollen on your finger I would remove it.

ChalkyWhite

ChalkyWhite

sounds like those other two plants are important to you i'd pull ....i'd give it another run if it throws nanners again i'd toss it I don't have room for unstable woman in my life.

straincreation

straincreation

Most nanners i experience that late in flower are sterile. Is it nanners or straight up nuts. If its nuts then there could be another suspect behind your nuts this late in flower. F its managable then id suggest just keeping a diligent eye on them. get some tweezers and keep um at bay. Also check your temps, and if there is light leaks anywhere.

BOL! Happy farmin;)

Calixylon

Calixylon

This was just a first seed run, the other two plants arent that important, just was hoping to not have pre seeds because its going to be my smoke until my next harvest. Think i may just let it run its course, its the reason i ran them in a small tent in case this happned, if anything the plant will become a nugrun i geuss.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

pull it asap. F nanners. and F fem seeds (just had half of a glue room RUINED!!!!) lost 75% of my yield.

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

Pull them. If they aren't sterile you have a whole month of dropping pollen ahead of you.

What strain????

Calixylon

Calixylon

Purple Frostbyte, Peyote Purple x Querkle x Querkle its a Hammerhead special. I think there just sterile nanners since ive only seen three and they didnt seeme to have pollen when i plucked them off. I think im gonna wait, but if i see more im gonna yank em.

The one shitty thing, i took clones of all three plants and dropped the tray, so now i have all the clones mixed up, so im gonna have to figure out which one is which and get rid of those. Ive got two packs that i popped this month, so ive got some more things to hunt thru. Pheno hunting is the shizznit, never running bagseed again unless it came from some serious flame.

These Frostbytes smell earthy purps, and grapey koolaid, with a hint of baby poop lingering in a trashcan full of rotten canteloupe. Completly diff than the descrip i was given but i cant complain, unique smell for sure. Im being lazy, but ill get them out to take some pictures, and a few of the suspect plant to see if i can find any more bananas. If so, she goes, if not she can play for a bit longer.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

What strain?

conniseur(sp) genetics strawberries and cream (kyle kushman straw cough x the white). another member over at joke it up and myself BOTH popped them the same day, both put in soil the same day. he noticed nanners AND seeds 6 days before me. I think I just didn't pay too much attention to mine, so I may have slipped. mine shot out nanners and balls. the bish/he douched 4 of my gorilla glues to the point they were only good for the hash pile (2x4zip plants). so if 2 people in separate parts of the USA, BOTH running the same strain,both popped same time, only diff was soil and nutes, and BOTH having nanner/balls at about the same time, well then don't you think the genetics maybe fvcked up?

I don't like to mention breeder names, but FVCK, it cost me about 8 ounces of meds for my patients. that's not a small amount in my book.

Calixylon

Calixylon

I think its important to let people know if there finding hermies in the seed run. Whether or not the breeder wants it known or not. These were free seeds, and i was told to watch for some nanners possibly, i assume due to the Querkle, tga stuff is known to hermie. Or it could be a light leak, first time ive ever used tents, and they are most definetly not the same as walls and a proper room. If i find any more its getting pulled, would like it to be half decent smoke if possible, i like things to goo deeeeeep to, because the couch is my friend, and i enjoy looking like i have conjunctivitus 24/7

Calixylon

Calixylon

Think it was a light leak and possible light from circuit breaker (small red light) on all night. That plant was next to it the whole time and the light was right near the vent. The clone run will reveal more, then i will have some Sour Master from Med Man, and Solo's Stash from Bodhi. Excited about both these, but really hoping i get one gal at least of the SS, since i only have 3 in veg. I have alot more selection of SM since i popped that whole pack

Calixylon

Calixylon

Heres some shots, the Green one is the gal who threw a few nanners, the small one is the frostiest and stinkiest, but the taller purple one is got some of the stickiest resin ive seen, and has got a piney scent to the resin, excited to see this one finish, hopefully she chunks out she has mostly white pistils still.

Last edited:
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

now I did manage to find a viable seed (I think it will germ) in my glue plant when harvesting. the glue got douched from the strawberry cream plant. so that would make it a straw cream x glue. im not even positive it will germ let alone grow with out throwing nanners when in flower. I might give it a go, or I might just toss it in the bin and not deal with any possible headaches. but a strawberry glue might be worth checking out. I was planning on crossing my glue with my old straw cream (KK) a while back, but lost that strain due to a genetic issues.

Calixylon

Calixylon

If it was due to an enviromental stress or physical stress that caused it to toss the nanners then the seeds will probably not have hermie prone tendencies down the line, i believe thats true. If the plant naturally throws balls and shaft, and ruins the room i wouldnt grow those seeds out, but thats just me

Calixylon

Calixylon

Do any of you guys know if all plants exposed to light leaks will throw nanners? Was wondering if there ws some kind of ultra hardy plant that wasnt affected by a small smount of light during the dark period?

And also would stressing a plant out and causing it to hermie be a possible way to make S1?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

If it was due to an enviromental stress or physical stress that caused it to toss the nanners then the seeds will probably not have hermie prone tendencies down the line, i believe thats true. If the plant naturally throws balls and shaft, and ruins the room i wouldnt grow those seeds out, but thats just me

see my above post x2 about the breakdown of the hermie/ball throwing plant. it possibly can NOT be an environmental issue as 2x growers in 2x different states, sowed at the SAME time and threw nanners/balls at the same time rules out any possible environmental issues. breeder issue.

Latest posts

Top Bottom