Nanners

• Thread starter vonwolfen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
vonwolfen

vonwolfen

I am in my 8th week of flower..The trics are 5-10% cloudy 90%clear. And I am starting to see little bananas coming out of the tops of the buds(heat? several days of +90F)..How long do I have until the plants are seeding, and my crop is destroyed?

Power OG

Power OG

How many weeks are you taking them? If the nanners are popping up at week 8, its probably not going to destroy anything because seeds wont have enough time to develop, as you will he chopping soon, id pluck them and scope them, they might be sterile, its possible.

Sativied

Sativied

Ruler of the Whorled
Supporter
Your crop won't get destroyed at that stage. First, late flower nanners often don't even contain pollen, or very little. Also, since they are in a bud instead of hanging freely like on a male little of any pollen gets anywhere except the spot where the nanners are. Additionally, it takes days to a week for the nanners to mature and pop 'dry' pollen, and then it takes days to a week more before the seeds start to develop.Last but not least, if you are already looking at trics I assume there aren't a whole lot of white pistils left. White is alive. Only when alive they can get pollinated.

Unless you are running a 12-16 week sativa or something it's unlikely to "destroy" your crop. If it's just a few plants/buds, just remove them (the nanners). If they are done in a week you could let them go and remove them while drying/trimming. If it's like one small area in a large grow space you could treat it like rot, as in cut out the bad parts.

Good luck.

vonwolfen

vonwolfen

Great..I am shocked they aren't ready yet..normally by week 8 they can come down..DeadheadOG, Aligees Alienfiredog, and WifiXMasterkush(which might be 9 weeks..first time)..Its the most of my 30 Deadhead that's throwing them..normally my best strain(read profit margin)...thanks for the quick replies..Stressing..Take Care

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Yes, heat will definitely do it. I chop a plant as soon as I see nanners. There are small seeds developing underneath the surface of every nanner you see. I don't worry about nanners seeding other plants, but they do screw up the quality of the plant they are on, not only aesthetically, but they make for a harsh smoke too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom