Nanners?!

• Thread starter Trentski420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Trentski420

Trentski420

Is this a nanner or a mutated bract? I noticed it as the lights went out and I'm freaking out
Nanners
Nanners 2
Nanners 3
so I feel this was the first day they became visible and the lights went out as I noticed I think I "might" can seen a 2nd but not positive how long can it take to produce pollen? Should I go in asap with tweezers or wait in the AM to not stress them anymore? I honestly noticed goddamn pinhole where light could have got it right after I noticed them! Goddamn it

Edit: it is my 2nd grow someone plz tell me I'm wrong?

Trentski420

Trentski420

If it's contained to 1 out of the 8 I'm just going to toss it... is it worth trying to tweeze and save if there are only 1 or say 1-3 bananas or always toss

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

If it's a nanner or even a mutated leaf just pick it off. A mist of water will disable any pollen if there is any. And if they don't come back you have no problem. And if it had pollen and pollinated anything you will know soon enough but the damage is over if no more nanners.

Trentski420

Trentski420

If it's a nanner or even a mutated leaf just pick it off. A mist of water will disable any pollen if there is any. And if they don't come back you have no problem. And if it had pollen and pollinated anything you will know soon enough but the damage is over if no more nanners.
Thank you

Trentski420

Trentski420

IMG 0832
I've came across 5-10 I'm hoping and it looks like it's contained too 1 plant only problem is it's not going to be fun to remove

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
View attachment 670642 I've came across 5-10 I'm hoping and it looks like it's contained too 1 plant only problem is it's not going to be fun to remove
If it has that many nanners, water mist the plant that is in question. Then put a trash bag over it and remove it from your grow. Then I would keep a close eye on the remainder of the group. If they are all the same strain and your not sure of the stability of the gene pool I would be very diligent keeping a daily inspection.

And it doesnt matter if its going to be fun or not, you run the risk of pollinating your entire grow. But you prolly knew that.

What strain is it and where did you source it from, breeder??

Trentski420

Trentski420

Ya it's been removed garbage bag wasn't an option was a very tight closet scrog I hope to hell thIngs turn out for the best because this enough to make me cry
IMG 0838

Trentski420

Trentski420

Was just a clone from a friend and it's acually an unknown sativa he called "red legs" because of striping up the stalk and there's only 1 more of that strain in ther... I found 2 pinholes in my poly possibly leaking light did I forget to mentiOn that?

Edit: if I fix the light leak what is it I am checking dilgently for? Pollination Or just appearance of more nanner

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Was just a clone from a friend and it's acually an unknown sativa he called "red legs" because of striping up the stalk and there's only 1 more of that strain in ther... I found 2 pinholes in my poly possibly leaking light did I forget to mentiOn that?

Edit: if I fix the light leak what is it I am checking dilgently for? Pollination Or just appearance of more nanner
Light leaks can cause stress related nanners. But with that fixed I am more concerned that you may be dealing with a unstable gene pool prone to hermis or nanners. Just keep a keen eye out for more nanners especially on the other one that was the same strain.

Trentski420

Trentski420

Ok thank you lots. When it comes to the nanners they are just as likely to have pollen as to not have pollen right? Hit or miss? I think I caught them rather quick but it was a struggle removing them and there was. Yank or 2 hope I didn't release pollen.. eek!

Edit: I have the pulled (nanner plant) a room over in the closet is it still at risk of spreading pollen at this point? Should it be tossed? Or if I contain it too a quIck dry for bubble hash they should be fine?

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Ok thank you lots. When it comes to the nanners they are just as likely to have pollen as to not have pollen right? Hit or miss? I think I caught them rather quick but it was a struggle removing them and there was. Yank or 2 hope I didn't release pollen.. eek!

Edit: I have the pulled (nanner plant) a room over in the closet is it still at risk of spreading pollen at this point? Should it be tossed? Or if I contain it too a quIck dry for bubble hash they should be fine?

Yes chances are nanners can pollinate but I have seen cases where they are sterile.
if you keep it to make bubble hash be sure there isnt any air flow that can transport pollen to your grow. Always be sure to wash your hands if you handle the rogue plant before entering your grow. I change my clothes as well and shower when working with pollen before entering my grow.

Trentski420

Trentski420

IMG 0840
Sorry unrelated question should I make the best of this and bend branches for more space/light or are they going to be too stiff and snap day 30 flower?

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
View attachment 670690 Sorry unrelated question should I make the best of this and bend branches for more space/light or are they going to be too stiff and snap day 30 flower?
Depends how supple they are. Bend em, if you crack one no worries tape it up and youll be good to go. Next scrog try to get most of your tucking done before your this far into flower to keep stress levels down.

Trentski420

Trentski420

No that's definitely a larger version think I caught them early.. only a few of them were not a pain in the ass to tweeze once I got to the 5th or so I decided was time to pull her.. no other plant showing same trait... And I do have another of the same strain in there as well... How likely would you consider there to have been pollenation ? If there was any is it only going to be a few seeds? I'm guessing they don't unleash as much pollen as male flowers?

Latest posts

Top Bottom