Nanolux De 1000 Watt Vs Nanolux De Dual 600 Watt??

• Thread starter shortnWide
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

shortnWide

Hello to all. I want to see if anyone can help with a few questions?
I have been pacing over the DE hype for a year now and I think I'm ready to try a few types (I'll be getting a couple Nano, Epap and Phantom DE to see what fits better for me). I want to upgrade one room first, if all goes well I'll be converting all my rooms to them.

I was hoping a few fellow farmers have had any experience with the Nano DE Dual 600's that have the 2k/HPS combo hoods? (I see the 1k DE reviews and want to try out!)
For this room I am debating on between the 2 Nano DE types. I normally like 600's with smaller rooms and 1000's for my bigger ones.

Room one and two (finishing rooms) are the same size - 10' x 14' x 7.5', (AC mini Split, sealed, CO2, fans, scrubbed, and currently runs with 12 Solis Tek w/ Horti Eye HPS 600's in Hydrofarm Daystar's...... I would buy the Nano twin 600's if they DEF put out the power that everyone is saying the DE 1000's are. I see the DE 1000's have lots of heat so they need distance from the canopy where the 600's (if just as good) could most likely be closer to canopy.

IE: Also there are different hood options I could use to help disperse the heat/heat spots & widen the light pattern for closer coverage.

Thank in advance, SnW.

Dabominable

Dabominable

I have been pacing over the DE hype for a year now and I think I'm ready to try a few types (I'll be getting a couple Nano, Epap and Phantom DE to see what fits better for me). I want to upgrade one room first, if all goes well I'll be converting all my rooms to them.

I was hoping a few fellow farmers have had any experience with the Nano DE Dual 600's that have the 2k/HPS combo hoods? (I see the 1k DE reviews and want to try out!)
For this room I am debating on between the 2 Nano DE types. I normally like 600's with smaller rooms and 1000's for my bigger ones.

Room one and two (finishing rooms) are the same size - 10' x 14' x 7.5', (AC mini Split, sealed, CO2, fans, scrubbed, and currently runs with 12 Solis Tek w/ Horti Eye HPS 600's in Hydrofarm Daystar's...... I would buy the Nano twin 600's if they DEF put out the power that everyone is saying the DE 1000's are. I see the DE 1000's have lots of heat so they need distance from the canopy where the 600's (if just as good) could most likely be closer to canopy.

IE: Also there are different hood options I could use to help disperse the heat/heat spots & widen the light pattern for closer coverage.

Thank in advance, SnW.

Bump for this, also searching for the "best" 600w MH digi bulb myself

R

Ryantomgrow

Yahoo bulbs are great. If u get the d.e. nanolux online it comes with their h.p.s. bulb. I have two in a romm that's 10by ten. They are designed for 5 by5 coverage. On 240 they are 4 % brighter than anything on the market. From California. Made in China...of course. I got four for 1500. No tax. On eBay. Bulbs included. Never been happier. me and the lady's

R

Ryantomgrow

They also make a n integrated fixture that has two 600 side by side. They sell it with one h.p.s. and one hallide. My buddy just put one up.

R

Ryantomgrow

Hheta is an issue with these. U are ggoing to need to run a.c. but as far as I can tell this is as close to the sun as possible for indoors. The extra cost is worth it

S

shortnWide

Cool thanks. Ya I'm looking at the 600watt dual hood (hps w/ mh) model now. I have AC but was just worried that the hoods would sun bleach the girls.

HairyRoots

HairyRoots

Curious about this thread as well. As I'm currently looking into ac/de hoods

K

KineLove

Thank in advance, SnW.

The Nanolux 600x2 DE Duel fixture has been getting some good reviews. I've heard the morphology of the plant changes so the plants produce thicker stalks, and tighter internodes due to the 6K DE MH they put in there. The 600x2 puts out about 5500BTU, so you'll need to compensate for that. But this heat dissipates fast from these shallow hoods.

Your biggest problem will be your ceiling height. I know for a fact that the 1000W DEs make it very hard to pull of a well controlled environment with just 8' of ceiling height. The 600 single lamp DE from Nanolux can be mounted at 30" making 8' ceiling heights doable.

Maybe check out the 630 CMHs. They run cooler and can be mounted closer.

40tilFIVE

Any follow-up on this? I'm currently DEbating between the Nanolux 1000w DEs or the dual 600w's they offer. Not much info I've found aside from the usual news release. I myself have narrowed it down between these two, and its driving me nuts

B

Burned Haze

Months go by and no reply? I would love to hear if anyone's used them so people with lower ceilings
could pick that over the 1000's . Overall reviews I see are good for the dual by nanolux but still lacking the most common question: DUAL 600 DE'S Worth it over their 1000 DE or get 750 DE's?

I run 8-10 1000DE nanolux's and I wish sometimes they were just 600/750's (anywhere but the default watt is not going to be PAR efficient )

40tilFIVE

Ok I have been working at a hydro store here in my area and I've gathered some input. Not based on facts or spreadsheets, just observations and discussions with others and vendors etc.
Nanolux, as good as the price tag is, and the wireless controls sound, I've seen around 8 or 9 various units come in for repairs and returns. This saddens me because I myself was set for purchasing this brand, but thats obviously changed.
Now as for the ceramic ends, as it was explained to me by a manager who not only handled the returns, but also uses gavitas, ALL products are subject to damage when misused. He said that the melted ends occur when the bulb is improperly inserted into the socket and clips not FULLY closed. This has in fact lead to ceramic ends melting as well. ...so that kinda makes a good point, when dealing with our wattages, even metals will melt (arc welding I.e.)
Now finally, I've spoken with numerous people, read articles and continue to gather info, but I HAVE DECIDED on PHANTOM 1000w DE for my build. Basically, from what I have read and heard from first hand accounts is that they are basically Gavita knock offs.
Which brings my next point... Now, when I gather bids for work (painting, landscaping, construction, etc) I try NOT to use the most expensive bid, unless there are noticeable gains that come with it. Adversely, the lowest bids tend to come at a price that sometimes can even rival, or surpass the original bid, and superior bids.
Long story short, I'm aiming at a middle price point, with higher end results (hopefully). Again, not me bashing one brand or another, just stating what I decided and why. Hope it helps.

-it takes everything.

Top Bottom