Nanolux De 1000

• Thread starter dankemhunter
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dankemhunter

dankemhunter

Anybody have any experience w these? Setting up a new room w 8.5' ceilings and I feel like I can get an extra 6" than the gavita. Heard about the gavita 750 for lower ceilings but I would like to go w 1000 watters if possible.

Thanks
DH

The Terps

The Terps

It is doable just not ideal just keep your pots low to the ground and just zip tie your lights to the ceiling and leave um all the way up. With that said I think you'd be better off with the 600/750 flex.

legaleyes13

legaleyes13

I really have a hard time understanding why it matters how high your ceilings are as long as you have 3'+ of canopy space.

What does it really matter how high your ceilings are?

dankemhunter

dankemhunter

Well I will be going 4 plants per light and will be laying down a double layer of trellis. W 8.5' ceilings this only allows me 5' tall plants w table and pot max. If I can get my first layer of trellis early, I can get away w only getting em 5'. I am going to go w the nanolux 1000 and if the give me problems I will set em aside for a different grow and order some 750s.

T

Tree Guru

Nanolux is releasing a dual DE600W combo HPS/MH combo (2 seperate hoods on 1 ballast, mounted side by side) Its spectrum is claimed to closely match that of CMH. It would be overkill for 8.5 ft ceilings, but something new coming to the DE market soon!

sixstring

sixstring

Nanolux is releasing a dual DE600W combo HPS/MH combo (2 seperate hoods on 1 ballast, mounted side by side) Its spectrum is claimed to closely match that of CMH. It would be overkill for 8.5 ft ceilings, but something new coming to the DE market soon!

Why would it be overkill with 8.5 ft ceilings if its 600w,sounds perfect ?

sixstring

sixstring

yeah but its still just 600w bulb at 12-24 inches away.i have multiple 600w lamps running,some as close as 15 inches apart and my tops get as close as 5 or 6 inches from the lamps at times.it just wont bleach as bad as a 1000w no matter how many you stack side by side lol.it sounds like a great idea to make a complete spectrum in one fixture but i just dont agree you will need high ceilings to run them.ill use these pics only because alot of my lights are on movers,but these are not .both these plants have at least 1 x 600 hps and 1 x 600mh bulb right above and actually they are both within 3 feet of a pair of gavita 6/750de set at 800w
first one is a chemcookie,cookies love bright lights lol
Chemcookie 5  020

and this is some kind of damn landrace afgan #1 been in there almost 9 weeks with no signs of light bleaching
Afgan 1 028

now if your talkin about a 1000w de hps and a 1000w de mh in one hood,yeah you would need more than 8.5 feet of ceiling height prolly unless you grow 2 foot high plants lol. 600w just aint got the same bleaching power that 1000w do.you be ahight :)

lollipopman

lollipopman

I've been running a de digimax 1k with 8' ceilings. It's all about the training. I just put in 4' gg#4 layed them down then scroged them it's my 3rd run with no problems now on my gorilla grape I did get some leaf bleach with under curling so it depends on strain.. I'll get some good pics tomorrow

dankemhunter

dankemhunter

@lollipopman Yeah makes me wonder too. I enjoy the wifi capabilities w the nanolux, wish gavita had it but I guess I don't really need it. I like your roots w the rx. Gonna have to give it a try.

lollipopman

lollipopman

@lollipopman Yeah makes me wonder too. I enjoy the wifi capabilities w the nanolux, wish gavita had it but I guess I don't really need it. I like your roots w the rx. Gonna have to give it a try.
Nanolux is cheaper on ballast too, also I run the ac/de hoods. Just found identical knockoff of the hood on amazon for 200 shipped.

I used that re for awhile it's good but I got roots same time as the re with rx also had better success rate with rx. Don't know what kind of water you use but I ph my solution 5.0 let it set for 24hrs recheck it, most of the time it goes to 5.5. Witch is perfect

dankemhunter

dankemhunter

Nanolux is cheaper on ballast too, also I run the ac/de hoods. Just found identical knockoff of the hood on amazon for 200 shipped.

I used that re for awhile it's good but I got roots same time as the re with rx also had better success rate with rx. Don't know what kind of water you use but I ph my solution 5.0 let it set for 24hrs recheck it, most of the time it goes to 5.5. Witch is perfect
I use RO water. Got shitty well water where I'm at. Tons of iron. I've been getting thick white roots in about ten days w hydroponic research +life and superthrive pH 5.7 in rw cubes. Love testing new things tho might grab a small bottle of this rx and run a side by side.

DH

Latest posts

Top Bottom