Nanolux De Vs. Gavita De

• Thread starter MushinNoShin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

georgebush

DimLux fixtures are top quality, check em out. Been on the same dilemma myself but the DimLux ain't cheap! Also look into their CMH 630 for a full spectrum fixture w/ less heat.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Nanolux also have a decent cmh 630 option as well. Anyone know the min height for the 630 to top of plants?

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Nanolux also have a decent cmh 630 option as well. Anyone know the min height for the 630 to top of plants?

You need at least 2 ft or so maybe a little more. 630's put out a lot of heat. BTW have had 2 of these also go out since Jan.

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

I love my nanos. The dtu/ controller has far more function then the gavita controller with the best quality sockets. They are also about the cheapest. My major complaint with the gavita controller is that if you overheat the room the lights will never turn back on. A completely stupid design to me. If the room cools off the lights should turn back on. We have gavitas in a light dep greenhouse and we can not use the overheat function because the greenhouse will hit high daytime temps when the lights are off and then never turn on at night time when they are actually supposed to be running. Anyhow maybe gavita can fix their problem. I can't be the only one with a greenhouse that uses gavitas, I thought that is what they were designed for.

Wildill

Wildill

Do you use the dimming mode @Cali clouds I'm currently running my nano duel 600 at 50% the first and last hour of flower

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

Yeah I go from 50-80% in the first hour. Then up to 100 by the middle of the day and then reverse. I love this light setup. Better then any other that I have used

The Terps

The Terps

Check out revolution de lighting guys I'm not seen one in person and I'm not saying their better than anything else but they look sweet. They have an el1 type controler and a very sleek design that will hug close to low ceilings. And I heard they run 70 degrees cooler maybe? Anyways as far as style goes they win in my book although looks like the hood is hard to replace.

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

I'm not doubting what you heard but when I hear claims of the light running 70 degrees cooler it makes me wonder about any of their claims.
I'm no engineer but I find it hard to believe you can run 1200w and run any cooler then the next light. All lights generate around the same amount of heat. "the law of conservation of energy, states that energy can neither be created or destroyed. Energy can only be transfered or changed from one form to another" quoted from the first law of thermodynamics.
When you turn a light on you are converting electric energy into thermal energy (heat). The way I understand it is that whatever the wattage of your light is is a measure of the amount of energy transforming through the light into thermal energy on the other end. I'm sure you could find a wattage to btu calculator where you could figure the exact amount of heat that would be emitted.
So back to the point whoever is running a comparable wattage light and saying it is running a large percentage cooler is hard to believe. anyhow someone should go buy one and tell us what's up.

The Terps

The Terps

I see no claims of any heat reduction on their web Page I heard the temp part from some instgramer don't remember who

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

You know I just googled all that shit right....lol... I smoke way to much weed to remember all that

NightsWatch

NightsWatch

And also nanolux 430 bucks for 1215 watt DE you also save money then what 450 20 bucks is 20 bucks they were forced to drop prices like 200 bucks when nano's kicked off .
Anyways better safety features they use ceramic vs Gavita plastic let me look for par test results nanolux beat Gavitas

GLGC.MI

GLGC.MI

You need at least 2 ft or so maybe a little more. 630's put out a lot of heat. BTW have had 2 of these also go out since Jan.
Are you in a high dusting area or perhaps have and unreliable wiring for your electricity? Was it done by a professional? Because your lights should not be failing at those rates

M

Msrk

Hello everyone -

I'm contemplating nanolux 630 DE or 630 CMH. My ceilings are 8 feet tall and and looking to fit 20 across a 44 feet x 11 feet room.

My question is which fixture do you suggest would be able to pull more yield? The CMH are nearly double in price.

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

Just get some 1000's and turn them down a little. I run them with 8' ceilings and I have them at 1200w. They light a 5x5 no problem. I have no clue on the other lights, I have never ran them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom