Nanolux Or Gavita

• Thread starter LEDSMOKE
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LEDSMOKE

LEDSMOKE

Just went to the hydro store the other day and got him to call the Gavita rep.
Anyways he told me also to look into nanoluxs since they are horizontal vs vertical.

Anyone have any input on which is better or if they are generally the same.

LEDSMOKE

LEDSMOKE

Does the gavita run colder and do you think it makes a big difference of it being vertical vs horizontal

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

@Billyboat runs a bunch of nanos
Perhaps he'll chime in for you
It sure looks like he's killing it with nanos from where I'm sitting
The price point is nice also ;)

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Really the return rate is higher with Gavita than Nanolux right now...all of the big three are having returns but with the Nanolux's I am getting maybe one return per 100 fixtures and I have the replacement within an hour or so...I know of a Gavita install that had 30+ returns out of 150 fixtures but that was probably isolated. I have about 100 gavitas, 80 Epaps, and about 60 Nanolux's...in the future I will be ordering more Nanolux's because of the features, customer support, and the price point

LEDSMOKE

LEDSMOKE

Now since nano doesn't have a 750 could I run the 1000 and dimm in down. Would it be as efficient as the gavita 750?

LEDSMOKE

LEDSMOKE

Juicey. Howed you like you nano side by side with the gavita? Also does it have a 120 volt plug?

juicey

juicey

The nano is only a 600 that has a "super lux" setting so it's not bridging the gap to a 1000w like the gavita which can be boosted to 825w. I've only had the nano a few days so I can't say which is better as of yet. The ballast on the nano is smaller but for some reason the gavita seems to be made better. I think the nano comes in 120v but mine is 240v. Also, my nano came with a broken part and I had to go back to my shop and swap it out. IMO if money isn't a concern, go with gavita.

DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez

Nanolux all day. I could go on and on about why. If Billyboat and TK are recommending them I don't think I even need to explain though.

LEDSMOKE

LEDSMOKE

Thanks everyone for your replies. Gonna call the store owner and cancel the gavita.
gonna grab the 600/750 De.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

awesome thread. was looking at the nano and gavita the other day trying to figure out the best bang for the $$

DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez

I posted this response in another thread but thought it also belonged here:

No really, these people are going above and beyond to provide unparalled service. Gavita has pretty good staff too but Nanolux is literally in a league of its own.

I've heard of Nanolux reps personally driving replacements to customers within an hour of the initial call. I've personally returned Nanos and the tech has spent hours with us doing our layout plans. I've had emails returned literally within minutes of sending them. They're incredibly prompt in all aspects.

Being a 1200w light that gives out a higher intensity and the significantly lower price point make it a no brainer.

Love these guys.

Latest posts

Top Bottom