Narcotics Interdiction Checkpoints

• Thread starter GOTO-gumi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GOTO-gumi

GOTO-gumi

Returning from a trip along one of our nation’s most highly trafficked interstates, I-20, I happened across this foreboding sign. I didn’t have any bud on me at the time, but if you’re anything like me, you usually take a few bowls with you on road trips. Almost instinctively, I pulled over.

I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. They were going to shut down the entire interstate to check for suspicious vehicles and persons, as if crossing into Louisiana were crossing the Mexican border? Bienvenue en Louisiane, indeed.

After snapping a few shots of the sign, I pulled back onto the highway, ready to take additional pictures once I arrived at the checkpoint. However, the checkpoint never surfaced. Now I understand why:

The local sheriff’s office had established the signs as a “ruse” to direct motorists to exit off the highway after viewing the warning of the upcoming DUI/Narcotics checkpoint. In fact, there was no checkpoint further down I-40. Instead, the sheriff set up a checkpoint at the end of the ramp of the first exit available to motorists after the posted signs, an exit not frequently used since no services were offered at the exit.

Isn’t that some bullshit?

Here’s another quote from the same court case, expressing the court’s distrust of Narcotics Interdiction Checkpoints. The court explains what we already know — how easily these stops can be abused by officers.

A pretextual roadblock has pitfalls that come perilously close to permitting unfettered government intrusion on the privacy interests of all motorists.

We believe that the danger inherent in pretextual roadblocks is the potential for giving police the authority to stop every car on the road, question its driver and passengers under the guise of a legitimate traffic related purpose, and then claim enough reasonable suspicion through, for example, the driver’s expression or answers, to conduct a more thorough search of the stopped individuals and vehicles for drugs with insufficient limitations on police discretion.

So, if you’re looking to take a trip anytime soon, take heed of the map below and, if you see one of these signs, don’t fucking exit. Want more specifics on these checkpoints? Follow the link over to Barry Cooper’s blog.

Source: http://420tribune.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/narcotics-checkpoint.jpg

Narcotics checkpoint
altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Nice heads up. What a bunch of snakes. I used to travel with a personal stash all the time, but now I have too much at stake. I would hate to jeopardize my legal status by getting popped for something silly. Land of the free my ass.

jagle

jagle

awful, to be honest its just cheating, id have no problem admitting to cops that i have a lil bit of personal on me, if i get caught fairly, but thats just cruel

M

mrdizzle

thats pretty standard to do that, makes more sense than stopping every single car. They always do it where there is no gas station or food on the exit so you have about 10secs to think of a story of why your getting off at that exit from when you pull off the interstate until you see the road block

F

FreshSteppin

its kinda funny to be honest.
people start trippin when they see the sign, and you can pretty much tell if someones got something as soon as they see that sign. Cars start chaning lanes. then a couple get off the highway or pull over. BAM.

sucks ass!

Illmind

Illmind

What about people that just don't wanna sit in traffic they get rousted? You don't have to let em search your car no matter the case. Just keep it wrapped tight and odorless and keep cool. No worries. Should stop some poop ods from ca from reaching some places but that's a good thing.

jagle

jagle

You don't have to let em search your car no matter the case.

im pretty sure thats not true, you get stopped at a drug check point you dont let them search youre car, gives them more grounds that your up to something suspisious no? i mean they are hardly gonna say, well then ok enjoy your trip

Y

yoko

I saw the same ruse just south of Sioux City, IA on I29.
About two years ago.

Yoko

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
if a drug dog triggers on your car then they would have probable casue and it would stand up in court...

E

edux10

those sneaky mother f***ers. All the checkpoints around here in CA (805) are always really blatant and well lit. Im sure some faded people still get caught up tho...

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
If your in Texas down by Padre thats not a ruse. Have been through the checkpoints many times. 2 major highways you can travel up from the border. Will have a checkpoint coned off down to 2 lanes with 3 to 4 officers with a drug dog on each side. Scary shit if you have never been through one. Especially if you are like me and forget about a stash under the seat from time to time like I do.

Dynamite

Dynamite

Barry shows in his videos how the cops get their dogs to trigger on command ,drugs or not ..but it holds up in court !

That's one of the smartest things I have seen cops do in a long long time ..lol

all these mofo's with 10kiy's pulling off to an exit that hasn't been used in 5yrs ....LOL

I had some homies running a u-haul from AZ to IL ..would of made national news with that one ,those fuckn stoners would of took the exit ,,lol...there is no explaining that in a u-haul when your paperwork shows your destination ..

B

Bobby Smith

Funny story - about a decade ago, I used to park my car in the garage under a hotel in Philly because my mom worked in the building for Smithkline so she got an additional space for cheap and my apartment was only a block away.

Anyways, it's 2000 and GW was running for his first term and was on a campaign stop in Philly and happened to be staying at the hotel I parked at............so as I pull up to the gate where I'd usually park at, I was met by ~10 secret service agents and a few bomb-sniffing dogs.

Uh oh.

After asking many times if the dogs were "only" sniffing for bombs and getting that confirmed, I allowed them to search my car as I sat there shitting a brick.............long story short, that dog didn't care about the ounce of dank sitting in my center console :)

beezleb878

beezleb878

I once got checked over by secret service. Had nothing illegal nor a thought of it at the time but they ran my name and background for warrants I guess and all I was in the building the president was supposedly in but I never knew it nor seen him except for the getting grabbed I wouldnt of known, hotel I was in garage headed to room. They were polite and professional really though.

420Gator

420Gator

those sneaky mother f***ers. All the checkpoints around here in CA (805) are always really blatant and well lit. Im sure some faded people still get caught up tho...

thank god, ive already dodged a couple of these but ill have to let my boys back home know about this shit

Top Bottom