Nasty Tasting Buds

• Thread starter dorjewright
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dorjewright

dorjewright

I've got some Sour Tsunami, organically grown outside using earth juice, absolutely no folliar sprays or pesticides, wonderful smell. When I vape the first hits taste terrible, sort of sharp,sour,acidic. But if I let it sit in the vaporizer and comeback the next day to it the taste has mellowed and is quite floral and smooth. I 've experienced this bad taste with other buds from a wide variety of sources around the Bay Area. Always thought it was from sprays or nutrients. But not so with mine. Anyone have an idea whats going on.

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

I know I am a newbie but this may help..Lived up above Oakland @ Kensington heights when I was younger My Family grew I recall my dad always complaining about the 1st rains on long droughts, the particulates (Sky PPM) would surely have effected the plants, Most common during last 3 weeks of the outdoor grow season if rain came Mom was always washing the plants down or flushing the surrounding soil or pots, I remember having to cover the rain brls at 1st rain for at minimum 3-4 hrs AND If I was lucky, I was asked to help foliate the Babies. The smell of wet bud in rain is to be remembered.

mr roboto

mr roboto

it could be a ton of reasons why,heres a few... depends on how those buds were grown. outdoor buds pick up a lot of dirt from winds and should be rinsed to get all the dirt and fan dried for the first few hours before hanging , makes a huge differnce in taste in od weed. Sometimes the growers spray neem or other crap and your vaping all that old neem off.

619ster

619ster

Most likely either not enough water only feedings before harvest, and/or too fast of a dry and cure. Just my 2 pesos!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I've got some Sour Tsunami, organically grown outside using earth juice, absolutely no folliar sprays or pesticides, wonderful smell. When I vape the first hits taste terrible, sort of sharp,sour,acidic. But if I let it sit in the vaporizer and comeback the next day to it the taste has mellowed and is quite floral and smooth. I 've experienced this bad taste with other buds from a wide variety of sources around the Bay Area. Always thought it was from sprays or nutrients. But not so with mine. Anyone have an idea whats going on.
Sounds like it needs a wee bit more of a cure or to be drier, perhaps? The fact that you say it mellows out after being left out for a day is what really catches my attention, something's up with that. What's the RH you're keeping those buds at? I'd try letting them dry just a bit more, say if it's at 62% (Boveda packs?) then drop it to, say, 55% or so?

Top Bottom