Natural Light Dep?

• Thread starter Jay Tea
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jay Tea

Jay Tea

Hey folks, i just transplanted out of 3 gallon pots in to raised beds. I kept them "awake", for a week and tonight im pulling the lights out to induce flower. Im aware that i have mother nature on my side until March 20. My question is how long past the equinox can they go without me pulling a tarp? My concern is they may start to reveg. Thanks for any input!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
As far as I know, daylight length is going to be increasing until the summer solstice. The greatest changes occur during the months of April and September, IIRC. So while I have not done a light dep myself, I still think that the increasing daylight phase of the photoperiod may cause you problems. I think it may work better if you leave them covered so they always get no more than 12hrs light. I'd be concerned about reveg, too, it can really screw things up.

Again though, I have *not* done a light dep grow. @Blaze @caregiverken @sox and I can't remember who else is doing deps.

Jay Tea

Jay Tea

Thanks Sea, ...yeah, ill ask around, im sure my fellow Humboldt ers will have some insight. Either way ill be pulling the cover March 21st, just wondering if anyone had any experience with it...

Blaze

Blaze

So while I have not done a light dep myself, I still think that the increasing daylight phase of the photoperiod may cause you problems.
It definitely will. The plants can end up trying to re-veg half way through flower, or taking an extremely long time to finish. I've always just pulled the cover though and not risked it. I have had a few friends attempt what you describe, and I have yet to see it work well.

Top Bottom