Natural Predators Over Pesticides

• Thread starter jumpincactus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I trust at this posting that over the past recent years more and more people/farmers are switching to using natures natural predators and foregoing the use of pesticides be they systemic or otherwise.

Keep in mind tho that prevention is still the best and easiet approach to dealing with cannabis pests. It is easier to prevent than to eradicate full blown epidemics. Here are a few suggestions that really do work and it is so much healthier for both yourself , your patients. customers and the environment.

Heres to using better more common sense approach, rather than dousing our gurls in poison and then offer that residual crap to be combusted and smoked!!!

Dalotia coriaria

Common prey: Fungus gnats, pupating thrips, and root aphids

Better known as a rove beetle, Dalotia coriaria are released in your garden by opening the container in multiple locations. Rove beetles fly and independently make their way around your garden looking for their food source. Dalotia coriaria feed primarily on fungus gnats, pupating thrips, and root aphids. Their lifespan tends to be around 21 days, and they are commonly paired with Stratiolaelaps.

Stratiolaelaps

Common prey: Fungus gnats, Western flower thrips, root aphids, mites

Stratiolaelaps make a great companion to Dalotia coriaria as they attack the larvae of fungus gnats, pupating thrips, and immature root aphids. They are applied by dispersing the vermiculite/Stratiolaelaps mixture in individual pots and go to work immediately. Their lifespan is 18 days, and can survive without direct food sources by consuming algae and plant debris.

Amblyseius andersoni

Common prey: Broad, cyclamen, russet, and spider mites

Used to combat an array of mites, the Amblyseius andersoni goes after broad, cyclamen, russet, and spider mites. Best dispersed with hanging sachets, Amblyseius andersoni will continually breed for 4 to 6 weeks from the sachets.

Last edited:
Snoleperd

Snoleperd

If you have pests get a bag of DE Earth sprinkle around yoir plants leave for 2 days water lightley, never add poison to somethng you are going to consume, DE Earth is fossilized diomites organic, cheap and will kill any pests dead.

Toaster79

Toaster79

If you have pests get a bag of DE Earth sprinkle around yoir plants leave for 2 days water lightley, never add poison to somethng you are going to consume, DE Earth is fossilized diomites organic, cheap and will kill any pests dead.

What's DE gonna do to spider, broad, russet or cyclamen mites, thrips, leaf miners etc?

It can be good against root aphids or fungus gnats but it's also gonna kill all the good guys in your soil. You're better of populating your soil with H.miles.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
While I appreciate your input it seems you pose DE as being an end all to all pests and that simply isn't accurate.... It is great for soil borne pests but should only be used as "part" of a full IPM regime. There are as @Toaster79 mentioned some pests that DE isn't effective with at all. that's where the predators come in......

Again I appreciate your input but I had to say this.

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

Yes DE Earth is a cure all for any pests with an exoskeleton it is organic, it is cheap, it adds a little cal-mag to your plant, and finally it works, as for other pests I dont get them, just those gnats, or fruit flys, or whatever they are they are in all mix, I dust my dirt, wait, flush, no bugs.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Yes DE Earth is a cure all for any pests with an exoskeleton it is organic, it is cheap, it adds a little cal-mag to your plant, and finally it works, as for other pests I dont get them, just those gnats, or fruit flys, or whatever they are they are in all mix, I dust my dirt, wait, flush, no bugs.
correct as long as the exoskeleton touches the de acts like razors and opens them up........

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
working night shift tonight. got to get ready see you farmers in the am....... peace out and have a great day......

K

kansabis

Yeah id like to take and apply it to my yard each year once or twice to cut down on the bugs a bit but I have so many other projects lol

Top Bottom