Natural ways to lower ph Levels in water

• Thread starter Geo420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Geo420

Geo420

so it comes to a point where I tell and ask myself , there's lots of ways people lower their ph in their water or maybe don't ... products used to lower ph levels aren't natural but synthetic . so , if they're ways to reduce ph levels what are they ?? Even for people who don't ph whats your opinion to this .

CFC7143

CFC7143

I’ve always just used citric acid crystals and it’s never given me any problems

Geo420

Geo420

I’ve always just used citric acid crystals and it’s never given me any problems
How much do you add per tablespoon Or teaspoon in a gallon might look into it , ive heard of it multiple times already

CFC7143

CFC7143

How much do you add per tablespoon Or teaspoon in a gallon might look into it , ive heard of it multiple times already
Well it’s not really a concrete amount I mix all of my nutes first and then check the ph. My waters ph is generally right at 7.0 after mixing in nutes. And if it’s at 7.0 I usually put in a literally “small pinch” of citric acid crystals and that drops it to about 6.4 to 6.6

OneLuvLabs

OneLuvLabs

I use hibrix Molasses if I’m in a pinch to lower the ph.. + it’s good for them.

Geo420

Geo420

Well it’s not really a concrete amount I mix all of my nutes first and then check the ph. My waters ph is generally right at 7.0 after mixing in nutes. And if it’s at 7.0 I usually put in a literally “small pinch” of citric acid crystals and that drops it to about 6.4 to 6.6
Definitely will check it out , thanks for your opinion, cheers bro

elduderito

elduderito

I've been making a citric acid / water solution that I just eyeball... i pretty much put as much citric acid as the water will take (dissolve) ... I keep it in a bottle with a built in dropper... After mixing a few batches I can pretty much figure out how many drops or pipettes I need to add to my mix to get in my range ... I still check with PH pen every time...

There are several companies that make organic PH down which are citric acid based ( BioBizz, Plagron Lemon Kick)....

Pippins

Pippins

I use citric acid too, but you should know, if your tap water alkalinity is high, citric acid won't maintain the ph for long-its a very weak acid. However if your alkalinity is low, or you're adjusting RO water, citric acid is great. Citric Acid is also nice because it will actually lower your PPMs due to it's reaction with the bicarbonates in your water, unlike Phosphoric acid which will raise your ppms. I use a combination of citric acid and phosphoric acid now, just to keep my ppm increase down. I mostly adjust with citric to start, maybe 2/3 the way to my target, then the last 1/3 with phosphoric. The combo keeps my PH stable for longer than citric alone. Good luck!!

elduderito

elduderito

I use citric acid too, but you should know, if your tap water alkalinity is high, citric acid won't maintain the ph for long-its a very weak acid. However if your alkalinity is low, or you're adjusting RO water, citric acid is great. Citric Acid is also nice because it will actually lower your PPMs due to it's reaction with the bicarbonates in your water, unlike Phosphoric acid which will raise your ppms. I use a combination of citric acid and phosphoric acid now, just to keep my ppm increase down. I mostly adjust with citric to start, maybe 2/3 the way to my target, then the last 1/3 with phosphoric. The combo keeps my PH stable for longer than citric alone. Good luck!!

I've read this about several of the 'organic' ph down solutions and assume that if I'm adjusting PH and feeding immediately it wouldn't be an issue (no rez with solutions sitting around for days) ... especially since organic soil should be able to buffer to a certain extent... my tap water is around 8.0 to 8.3 after sitting out for at least 24 hours... I feed with pretty much every watering with BioBizz which already brings the PH down to around 7.1 - 7.6 depending on which nutrients and doses I'm adding... I have a bottle of PH down with phosphoric acid but I decided to avoid using it in an effort to keep everything fully organic...

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

I have a bottle of PH down with phosphoric acid but I decided to avoid using it in an effort to keep everything fully organic...

Who told you phosphoric acid was not organic? Sulfide ore is natural. Phosphate rock is natural. Rocks aren't fully organic?

Latest posts

Top Bottom