NE USA Heat Issues

• Thread starter Oaktown Farmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

Oaktown Farmer

Hello All,
I will be starting a grow show in the hot northeast summers indoors, and prefer to run lights during day. My question is that I have seen some air cooling units for sale that you vent out , and someone at a grow shop said "just get a large AC with big BTU output , and thats better for the money." Any feedback?

Oaktown Farmer

C

CharlesSprkleaf

if you have to vent the hot air out anyway. I would go with AC unit. that way you will be able to control your situation better. without venting anything out...

I

ismokepot

Well, it's quite expensive to run a large A/C unit. With good venting and air flow, you should be fine w/o A/C. Of course they want to sell you a large unit......... thye want to make $$$$$$$ on you.

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
All depends on your lights, space and ventilation. It's real tough to run indoors, in summer, in the NE US during the day without AC. Unless you want shitty yields :D

I'd go with their recommendation if they're not the ones selling you the ac. I will tell you I've run hydro during the summer at night indoors, sans AC, without too many problems. You should strongly consider running at night.

O

Oaktown Farmer

I am a little concerned about FLIR / thermal . Thats why I am trying to do it durng the day. I am in PA and dont know what the birds are doing up there......

eyes

eyes

running during the day is ok if thats what u want.like u said it will help with flir.now jever notice that even at night during summertime its hot and humid?ot doesnt cool off all that much at nightitme during peak summertime.so,do u want to flir proof the room and run at night with ac anyway?or run during the day and ac?choice is yours.youll need ac unless your in the basement where it stays cool about 58-63 degrees.

how many light u running whats your set up? you can run a a/c and keep a sealed room.use a carbon filter as a recirculating system run 24/7 set the ac on 75 ..if u are running too many lights then u need bigger a/c or air cool the lights and smaller ac for room temps so many ways to go...

hubcap

hubcap

got central air?

run a duct from the ceiling right thru the light and exhaust into the room
works fine with a 600.

N

northern monsta

i wish i had your heat over her in uk i would fill my outside garden to the brim unfortunatly its too dam cold u must use a shitload of electricity

N

Nuglover

Need more info for a better answer. How big of a grow? What wattage?Hydro or soil? I can tell you those portable ac's are WAY overpriced. I've got over 1000w total and a 5000btu for $90 keeps it cool in the summer. But again I run at night and I'm not in an attic.Although I'm in the deep south so nightime summer temps can push mid 80's with no problem.Can you vent under your house?FLIR can't see there.

B

boxmunch9

FLIR are only done with a signed warrant from a judge. If they FLIR you, your prolly already fucked

J

johnnyballbag

Premium Member
Supporter
If you don't air cool your hoods you'll def need to use a bigger a/c as opposed to if you did. If you're adding co2, then you'll be wasting a dood deal with most a/c units. A ductless/split a/c would be the type i'd use if i was wanting to use co2 but still a/c the room without wasting it, they're expensive but worth it in the long run for certain applications and can a have a very high electrical efficiency rating. It's cheaper to operate an inline fan to air cool your lights than an a/c, and it also allows you to get by with a smaller a/c, which will be cheaper to run. And like boxmunch9 said, by the time they're hittin you with flir, you're already fucked and you won't know it anyways. I was almost positive a supreme court judge ruled that flir use was unconstitutional... at least as a means to obtain the warrant.

hubcap

hubcap

I am a little concerned about FLIR / thermal . Thats why I am trying to do it durng the day. I am in PA and dont know what the birds are doing up there......

they fly at night, too, man.
as well as the day.

FLIR would be low on MY lists of worries for one reason.
IF they usin FLIR against you....they, most likely, already have a case. they cant fly blind looking for houses without a warrant. any statements otherwise is false. not to mention to added costs of heli fuel in these tight times?

highly doubtful

grow at night man, its great advice. been doin it here for many moons, in and out.

just another opinion to digest.

S

seven0seven

Well lets say theres a guy running from the LEO, and they use FLIR to nab him, in the meanwhile hes running through the yards of homes and your house is flired to look for the suspect. NOW WHILE it was legal to flir your house looking for him, you are now under scrutiny with the pilot/observer. He might shoot the info to another guy investigating. While its not legal for them to say oh we flired his house and it seemed suspicious, BUT they CAN start an investigation from that, and on the paperwork they can just put an Anonymous Informant alerted us to the house, and get a warrant and flir it. and YES Ive seen paperwork where LEO got warrants just from Anon informants (which could totally be made up)

Top Bottom