Nebu's Blackberry

• Thread starter zeke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
zeke

zeke

Just got a cut labeled Nebu's Blackberry. My buddy said," run it, it's good." That usually works for me. Anyone else have this cut? If so, is it good? What's the story on it? Who is Nebu? Any info would be appreciated.

Nspecta

Nspecta

Breeder
That's a strange label to come by in 2014 zeke...a bit over a decade ago (2001) a member of OverGrow, SomAblaze, found an amazingly colorful plant out of some bagseed, essentially...he named the cut Blackberry...he only gave a few people the Blackberry clone (MemyselfandI, Nebu, ItalianKid, etc.) and for the most part it didn't spread from there, they held the cut pretty tight...Nebu & MemyselfandI made hybrids of the Blackberry cut, Black Russian by Nebu and Blackberry x White Label Bubblegum by Memy...only a limited number of the hybrid beans made it out via Cannabis World auctions...breeder Jojorizo made Blackberry Widow with Memy's hybrid, Subcool made F2's of Black Russian from Nebu, OrgnKid made S1's & hybrids of all there stuff & also claimed (falsely) that he had Somablaze's Blackberry cut which is what he used to make the S1's with.

Somablaze died around the middle of the last decade...Memyselfandi & Italian Kid both lost their Blackberry cuts...and Nebu moved from the Bay back to his home in the PNW taking his Blackberry cut with him...he's a member here but it might be a little difficult to get ahold of him. My guess is he would be the only one to honestly tell you whether or not you have "his Blackberry".

If it is the real Blackberry cut...it's very pretty, nice smell, okay flavor & weak potency.

Here's a pic of a Blackberry hybrid...Mendo Purple x's Jojorizo's Blackberry Widow F3's...the tall plants to the left of the bed are the Blackberry hybrids, the right side plants are Pakistani Chitral Kush S1's from Cannabiogen.

BBW

tweedy

tweedy

That's a strange label to come by in 2014 zeke...a bit over a decade ago (2001) a member of OverGrow, SomAblaze, found an amazingly colorful plant out of some bagseed, essentially...he named the cut Blackberry...he only gave a few people the Blackberry clone (MemyselfandI, Nebu, ItalianKid, etc.) and for the most part it didn't spread from there, they held the cut pretty tight...Nebu & MemyselfandI made hybrids of the Blackberry cut, Black Russian by Nebu and Blackberry x White Label Bubblegum by Memy...only a limited number of the hybrid beans made it out via Cannabis World auctions...breeder Jojorizo made Blackberry Widow with Memy's hybrid, Subcool made F2's of Black Russian from Nebu, OrgnKid made S1's & hybrids of all there stuff & also claimed (falsely) that he had Somablaze's Blackberry cut which is what he used to make the S1's with.

Somablaze died around the middle of the last decade...Memyselfandi & Italian Kid both lost their Blackberry cuts...and Nebu moved from the Bay back to his home in the PNW taking his Blackberry cut with him...he's a member here but it might be a little difficult to get ahold of him. My guess is he would be the only one to honestly tell you whether or not you have "his Blackberry".

If it is the real Blackberry cut...it's very pretty, nice smell, okay flavor & weak potency.

Here's a pic of a Blackberry hybrid...Mendo Purple x's Jojorizo's Blackberry Widow F3's...the tall plants to the left of the bed are the Blackberry hybrids, the right side plants are Pakistani Chitral Kush S1's from Cannabiogen.

View attachment 379417
Awesome response. The blackberry is up here in multiple forms and I'm glad to actually hear from someone a better background than "this one has kush at the end of it's name". It doesn't surprise me that the OrgnKids hybrids come from that blackberry, they look awesome but just don't have any legs to the high.

A guy up here that I helped trim for a while has it and he calls it "chick weed", no offense to any of the ladies on the board, his words are not mine :) It has Crayola crayon purple donkey's but the smoke isn't worth a shit as far as the length of high goes. I always thought it was the grower but good to know it's a trait of the strain. I like color in herb but not if it means coming at a sacrifice to other positive characteristics of the plant I'm growing.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Nebu has a dispensary in Washington state or Oregon, I can't remember, and is still kickin out the goods so alot of his stuff new and old can be found floatin around..we did alot of crosses back in the day of the blackberry and the blackberry apocolypse some of which we are still runnin today as well as runnin thru alot of the old seed stock

OLDproLg

OLDproLg

WOW!!!

PURPS if i ever seen.......
Bet it smells good too!
BLG

zeke

zeke

Thanks guys. This is why the farm is the Farm. I got it at a shop in Seattle, yesterday. I've collected a few blackberry cuts over the years.
The first was just labeled blackberry. It has super wide leaves and tastes and smells like blackberry jam. Low yield but actually a moderate to alright potency. From Ken at the Tacoma farmers market a few years ago.

.Second blackberry a friend got in southern Oregon at a shop. Looked just like your picture and smelled great. Went fishing on the Rogue river and smoked five or six joints. Nice taste and no high. Tossed that one on the loser pile.

The third blackberry I have is called Pink Panther. I believe it is a blackberry because that's what I heard. It's allegedly a Nectar Seeds Blackberry pheno from San Diego the story goes. I believe it. Through out the course of working with the panther and first blackberry the similarities were very apparent. When I factor in my experience with the shitty blackberry, it becomes clear that they are all very closely related plants. I've heard it said that the panther is pink lady from Eva seeds. Ok. If they have a time machine. The panther has been around my circle longer than Eva seeds has been in business.

So I'm left with two blackberry phenos and this new one. It's the first, right? Does Nectar seeds fit anywhere in the story, guys? Where did their blackberry come from? I would bet my 55' panhead that these cuts are all closely related. I'm that sure.

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

ran both the black russian from sub and was a tester for jojo with the blackberry widow
neither had any kick to them and both looked like that pic
nebu is in oregon last i read

fwiw

zeke

zeke

Sorry for my out of date perception of style. When this was new I was a dreaded out hippy blowing out basements in portland. pineapple, dogshit,nl5, cough and superskunk ruled my bleak computer less reality. I just travelled back in time (2005) and read up on Blackberry. Forums haven't changed a bit. All of my previous research did not include Nebu in the search. Adding that sure changed the amount of info.

The good blackberry I first got and the panther are both fairly potent and their unique terpene profiles make them marketable anywhere. With a bit of careful selection coupled with larger numbers and rigorous testing I'm confident I'll find something nice. Anyone else find or produce any purple seed from these strains. I have got third generation purple seed and now even the hybrids I make with panther are throwing purple seed.

HarryNugz

HarryNugz

I met Memy quite a few years back. Over some coffee he said a mutual friend had said I liked purple plants and he pulled out a pack of his finest blackberry and gave it to me. I've been growing it ever since.

zeke

zeke

Very cool. Tell me you didn't kill those males. I could think of a use or two million for a little blackberry pollen. I'd hit my old female blackberry and then the pink panther. Fuck, then I'd go crazy and just hit everything. I've got plenty of room in the genetics fridge, just might have to drink a little beer out of the way is all.

tweedy

tweedy

Sorry for my out of date perception of style. When this was new I was a dreaded out hippy blowing out basements in portland. pineapple, dogshit,nl5, cough and superskunk ruled my bleak computer less reality. I just travelled back in time (2005) and read up on Blackberry. Forums haven't changed a bit. All of my previous research did not include Nebu in the search. Adding that sure changed the amount of info.

The good blackberry I first got and the panther are both fairly potent and their unique terpene profiles make them marketable anywhere. With a bit of careful selection coupled with larger numbers and rigorous testing I'm confident I'll find something nice. Anyone else find or produce any purple seed from these strains. I have got third generation purple seed and now even the hybrids I make with panther are throwing purple seed.
You still running the Pineapple Dogshit at all?

zeke

zeke

No never had that. Pineapple, aka the naps. Smells like blue magoo and tastes like pineapples. Turns purple with cold. Dogshit, the dogshit. Round resinous buds covered with glands. Potent as fuck. Smells vaguely like dogshit, I shit you not( pun intended, groan). Both old strains I had when I was a dready.Gotem from a dready "Buddy". Also got the cough from that dude.

Sadly now I do not. Lost em when I went off the grid and my seed failed to mature. Stupid idealistic hippies are always fucking up. Live and learn. I'm sure they are around I've seen em in shops. Even the pineapple dogshit combo. Tacoma area I believe. Any body got the naps or ds? If so,you are smart and handsome. pm me

pugliese63

pugliese63

View attachment 379417

Nice response. Haven't heard those names in a long time. Brings back fond memories. Great memory you have there yourself.

I've still got a bunch of Jojorizo's gear in cold storage including a few packs of the Blackberry F3's.

Nebu made some memorable hybrids. I'm sure that Blackberry cut will be interesting.

Great pics, I may break out a a pack or two of Blackberry Widow in the near future. Thanks again.

organicat33

organicat33

Orgnkids blackberry s1 have great color and always smell good but no power

zeke

zeke

The shit pheno I encountered was sourced in Oregon. Great color and structure but no high. The phenos from California and Washington certainly are potent enough. I enjoy them.Beautiful flowers that taste awesome and impart their goodness on their offspring.

pugliese63

pugliese63

Orgnkids blackberry s1 have great color and always smell good but no power

I've read some interesting reports regarding "Blackberry". All loved the color, smell and flavors but not the potency. The lack of potency is the main reason I've never run them. I picked them up with the intention of outcrossing them to something else. I'm sure a lot have had the same idea.

I may break them out later this summer and give them a run. I've got a couple of candidates that might like to get a little pollen rub down.

Nspecta

Nspecta

Breeder
The shit pheno I encountered was sourced in Oregon. Great color and structure but no high. The phenos from California and Washington certainly are potent enough. I enjoy them.Beautiful flowers that taste awesome and impart their goodness on their offspring.

Do you have any pics of the Blackberry and Blackberry type plants you've sourced Zeke?

zeke

zeke

I'm out of town at the moment, so I do not. I have Pink Panther x lemonskunk going right now. It's definitely a choice blackberry incarnation with potency taste and color. Looks a lot like DPD. The nebu's isn't flowering just yet. Once it does I'll get some photos up. I'll see if I can get a monkey to send me a photo of the ppx ls. I'll post one up later today if possible.

Top Bottom