Necessary Amendments ProMixHP Grow HELPP

• Thread starter Johnlandy420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
Hello All,

Believe it or not, I have actually researched a lot but I continue to struggle through hydro grows. I am currently running handwatered simple promixhp with zero amendments. My plan was to dial in my feeding and watering to understand more about hydroponics. It just seems that promixhp, a smidge of granular myco for seedlings and transplants plus advanced nutrients aren't cutting it. I'm 98% certain its just because Im bad at growing but can anyone please help my logic here.

Promixhp
Decent Seeds
Advanced Nutrients A & B ---> Haven't even gotten to use bloom LOL
Advanced Nutrients CalMag
Solid Lights/Environment--> I am maintaining the environment fairly well. Could be better of course

I ran some autos in organics 4 months ago and they turned out great which seems shocking because of all the Auto problems ppl are having these days.

Is my approach too simple? Should I add any amendments, teas, top dressing, hell I don't even know? Or am I just going through the normal struggles of an overconfident new grower?
I wanna do DWC one day but that's laughable to say based on my "soiless media" runs.

Cheers,
Johnny

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

ProMix is soil, just not living soil.
Since you will be running bottled nutes along with the promix, then you need to know that Flushing promix is a pain and destroys the reason you bought it in the first place.
If you decide to do an organic grow, then ProMix is a good base for making living soil. It requires amendments to become living.
Living soil = A soil that contains all the necessary nutrients for a plant to grow from seed to harvest and adding nothing but clean water.

You seem to have decided on the "Mixed Breed Mode" of growing. @Aqua Man is your goto Dude. Listen to him because he speaks with the wisdom of the oceans.....

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Posted in a different thread oops.

If your thinking hydro I will suggest after growing hydro (which is my comfort zone because I understand it well imo), sunshine #4 which is pretty much the same as promix HP, and coco.

Coco has been the simplest to grow in and you can get some crazy growth rates almost the same as hydro but more forgiving.

But like anything don't just go out by it and expect it to be just slap a plant in and be good.... do you research and ask questions. There are even different ways of growing in coco so understand your media before using it.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

If your thinking hydro I will suggest after growing hydro (which is my comfort zone because I understand it well imo), sunshine #4 which is pretty much the same as promix HP, and coco.

Coco has been the simplest to grow in and you can get some crazy growth rates almost the same as hydro but more forgiving.

But like anything don't just go out by it and expect it to be just slap a plant in and be good.... do you research and ask questions. There are even different ways of growing in coco so understand your media before using it.
I was wondering why you posted this twice....

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter

Thanks Aqua! Gonna finish this promix hp run but I decided to pop some rockwools for my DWC setup. Can I rely heavily on you sir? lol I have a coco brick as well if you could give any recommendations. I did not pop any seeds yet just thinking rockwool is a must for DWC. Imma some progress pics later.

Thank you guys so much
Johnny

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
ProMix is soil, just not living soil.
Since you will be running bottled nutes along with the promix, then you need to know that Flushing promix is a pain and destroys the reason you bought it in the first place.
If you decide to do an organic grow, then ProMix is a good base for making living soil. It requires amendments to become living.
Living soil = A soil that contains all the necessary nutrients for a plant to grow from seed to harvest and adding nothing but clean water.

You seem to have decided on the "Mixed Breed Mode" of growing. @Aqua Man is your goto Dude. Listen to him because he speaks with the wisdom of the oceans.....
Thanks Sir! Definitely did not intend to do a "Mixed Breed Mode" LOL

Moshmen

Moshmen

When you say not ideal but easy.. Do you mean low yielding/lesser quality or just a bit cumbersome

Johnny
I put on more weight and more trichs and quality goes up a little IMO when bloom boosters are used correctly and yes it is a bit more work. I still only use a 2 or 3 part - not trying to have 10 bottles laying around wondering which one to use . But that’s just how I do

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I put on more weight and more trichs and quality goes up a little IMO when bloom boosters are used correctly and yes it is a bit more work. I still only use a 2 or 3 part - not trying to have 10 bottles laying around wondering which one to use . But that’s just how I do
I use 5ml /gallon Kool Bloom weeks 2-7 in flower on top of the 10 ml /g Bloom. If I use too much too early I get larger but fluffier airier buds so I've learned to cut back.

Latest posts

Top Bottom