Necessary Amendments ProMixHP Grow HELPP

• Thread starter Johnlandy420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ponky

Ponky

I dont understand your message. 1 part promix, 1.3 EC feed, light?

Thanks Ponky
No. Promix in a 5 gallon using a 1 part food and no supplement under a 1000 watt HPS with good genetics easily produces 1.3 pounds of hard bud. If you try to add too much stuff it makes the plant suffer. Which is why I say less is more. Once you're mixing 8 bottles of stuff together it's too much. Promix is very forgiving. If you're having issues simplify the recipe. We literally go 3 weeks veg. 2 week of flower on veg food. 4 weeks on bloom. 2 to 3 weeks on just water. And it's good. Spray maintenance pesticide and fungicide maybe once a week for the first month of 5 weeks.

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
Hey guys, got caught in the middle of a move but the girls are in new tent and new questions have come up lol.
-You guys are all amazing and the uptick in feed really popped my commerce city kush- (1.3 EC pH 6.4 2x feed weekly til drain)

I am a bit concerned about the curvature of my big gals stalk. Is it time for me to transfer to 5 gal and start training? I was just going to top but any suggestions are great.
My other question is about my girl scout extreme. She looks kinda chapped or just less good than CCK? Is that just genetics? Is she a little burned in the middle. She is getting same feed as CCK.

Thanks,

Johnny

IMG 1224
IMG 1220
IMG 1222
IMG 1226
IMG 1227
RR1

RR1

Hello All,

Believe it or not, I have actually researched a lot but I continue to struggle through hydro grows. I am currently running handwatered simple promixhp with zero amendments. My plan was to dial in my feeding and watering to understand more about hydroponics. It just seems that promixhp, a smidge of granular myco for seedlings and transplants plus advanced nutrients aren't cutting it. I'm 98% certain its just because Im bad at growing but can anyone please help my logic here.

Promixhp
Decent Seeds
Advanced Nutrients A & B ---> Haven't even gotten to use bloom LOL
Advanced Nutrients CalMag
Solid Lights/Environment--> I am maintaining the environment fairly well. Could be better of course

I ran some autos in organics 4 months ago and they turned out great which seems shocking because of all the Auto problems ppl are having these days.

Is my approach too simple? Should I add any amendments, teas, top dressing, hell I don't even know? Or am I just going through the normal struggles of an overconfident new grower?
I wanna do DWC one day but that's laughable to say based on my "soiless media" runs.

Cheers,
Johnny
look, there are literally hundreds of nutrient lines, and they all work, within certain limits. I've used many, and keep coming back to Flora Nova line by GH. I use every thing that they recommend for advanced growing, exactly as they say. If i've not grown that strain before, I start at half strength. I run it between 5.8-6.2 pH. My system uses oxygen pots as a flood/drain.
That said, I been growing good shit since back when an ounce was called a lid, using almost any nutrient you can think of. To be honest, I've killed a few over the years too.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
look, there are literally hundreds of nutrient lines, and they all work, within certain limits. I've used many, and keep coming back to Flora Nova line by GH. I use every thing that they recommend for advanced growing, exactly as they say. If i've not grown that strain before, I start at half strength. I run it between 5.8-6.2 pH. My system uses oxygen pots as a flood/drain.
That said, I been growing good shit since back when an ounce was called a lid, using almost any nutrient you can think of. To be honest, I've killed a few over the years too.
A lid was an unknown amount for what ever they wanted to charge, more than a nickle bag but less than an ounce where I grew up. If you were growing bud back then you must have been a king in your crowd. We only had, Mexican, Columbian and then Californian. There was no real bud until the Sensimilla showed up it was all leaf or ground up dirt weed.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

A lid was an unknown amount for what ever they wanted to charge, more than a nickle bag but less than an ounce where I grew up. If you were growing bud back then you must have been a king in your crowd. We only had, Mexican, Columbian and then Californian. There was no real bud until the Sensimilla showed up it was all leaf or ground up dirt weed.
A lid was whatever you could scoop onto a Maxwell house coffee lid and it costs $10. It was uncleaned however, so you would get sticks and seeds and larf along with some great bud.

growsince79

growsince79

our lids were about 1/20 pound. Pound was $125. Didn't start weighing anything until the colombian came.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Yea 22 to 23 grms is what i remember 3 finger lid
We didn't have scales. No one knew what a gram was it was a free for all for the sellers. my first and only scale was a key chain dangly thing with a small pendulum and arrow. it was close within 7-8 grams on the oz as I remember...useless fkin thing...I probably still have it around here somewhere...got me thinking I might just go have a look for it & see how close it really was.

I'm old...69 now...I'm talking back in 66 -67 -68 I think it was Led Zepplin in Vancouver 67 first LSD we'd been smoking crap pot for a year before that.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

We never weighed anything. Then when I came home from the Army it was all pre-weighed and pre cleaned. "An eighth of what man? I'm here for some smoke."

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

No. Promix in a 5 gallon using a 1 part food and no supplement under a 1000 watt HPS with good genetics easily produces 1.3 pounds of hard bud. If you try to add too much stuff it makes the plant suffer. Which is why I say less is more. Once you're mixing 8 bottles of stuff together it's too much. Promix is very forgiving. If you're having issues simplify the recipe. We literally go 3 weeks veg. 2 week of flower on veg food. 4 weeks on bloom. 2 to 3 weeks on just water. And it's good. Spray maintenance pesticide and fungicide maybe once a week for the first month of 5 weeks.
OP, I highly recommend listening to this guy. I have never used ProMix, but his overall message of not throwing shit together is on target. Fertilizer mixes aren't always compatible with each other. They can blend to be too hot, or to cause the good stuff to precipitate out and become unavailable. Buy one brand, use the base mix, at 1/2 recommended strength for a run. I get killer results with Botanicare, but there are lots of good ones. All I do is grow these:
PXL 20210907 211426797

Moshmen

Moshmen

We didn't have scales. No one knew what a gram was it was a free for all for the sellers. my first and only scale was a key chain dangly thing with a small pendulum and arrow. it was close within 7-8 grams on the oz as I remember...useless fkin thing...I probably still have it around here somewhere...got me thinking I might just go have a look for it & see how close it really was.

I'm old...69 now...I'm talking back in 66 -67 -68 I think it was Led Zepplin in Vancouver 67 first LSD we'd been smoking crap pot for a year before that.
Then in the late 70’s we had triple beams, buddy of mine still had his postal scales - we used a nickel as a 5 gram weight ck

Latest posts

Top Bottom