necrosis on my aquamist grow???

• Thread starter diamondminer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

diamondminer

He guys I am posting because I do not know what is up with my plants. It looks like I have a necrosis problem. I have tried to contact Humbolt nutrients since that is the line of nutes I am using unfortunately they have not been of much help. I have been following there online hydro program which is in the attached pdf

I am on the week 4 program currently I have made some substitutions in the formula which I was advised by my grow shop was ok since my substitutions were almost identical,with the exception of sea mag n sea cal since they are completely separate in humbolt line.
In my aquamist set up I have 2 strains 1)is the ak47 and the 2)is blue cheese
The blue cheese is the one showing these signs
I am not using humbolt roots.
as substitute for:
white widow I am using bushdoctor microbe brew
Flavorful I am using Floralicious plus (by general hydro)
And last Sea cal & Sea mag are replaced by cal-mag plus (by botnicare)
Now my rez ph is 5.5
Rez temp- 68-73
And my water is filtered with a declorinating filter with an ending ppm of 50
I have included pics of my leaves for the most part it is on the secong set of leaves from the tops of plant and on some occasions on 1st set , some of the bottom leaves are showing as well.
pics are attached
Help is much appreciated at this point

View attachment New-3-Part-Hydro.pdf
Necrosis on my aquamist grow
Necrosis on my aquamist grow 2
Necrosis on my aquamist grow 3
Necrosis on my aquamist grow 4
tatter sally

tatter sally

Hey Diamondminer,

Just getting started with my Aquamist I system...any words of wisdom?

T

theguapo

I use Humboldt stuff too and had something similar happen in an aerorail. I lost a handful of girls and still do not know exactly why. I think what happened though was my res water evaporated and I wasn't keeping enough of an eye on it and the ppms shot way up and the nute levels were too much to recover from. I have a nice lady vegging now in a DWC bucket and am using all Humboldt--micro, grow, bloom, sea-cal, sea-mag & flavorful and Hormex(not Humboldt). Got my ppms around 450, PH @ 5.4-5.9, day-time temps at ~80, night-time @ ~65-70 with humidity real low. Things are looking great right now.

jammie

jammie

hey guys- i don't think it's the nutes. i thought about converting from dwc to dyi fogging system similiar to the aquamist. one of the things that struck me right off was the lack of growers using foggers. the reason is that fog produces mist with very small particle size (5 micron or so). these particles are too small to hold big complex molecules like N,P,K,Ca ect., and if your root tips are sitting in a pool of solution, those roots will be getting too high a concentration of nutes. now i use the fogger that i got for my experiment as a homemade humidifier

T

theguapo

in my case it was the nutes. the ppms were above 2000 for a week or so and the plants were very young.

Top Bottom