Nectar For The Gods And Coco Coir

• Thread starter Eric Johnson
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Irie Farmer

Irie Farmer

I am all nftg all day. There really is no need for cal mag or bloom enhancers with nftg since it is calcium derived. Some strains do become mag hungry and using Bloom khaos the wrong way can fuck up a run overnight. That shit needs huge amounts of cal that cal nitrate just can't provide. That is why we use the bone meal to balance. I have used and had great results with botan, H&G, Advanced, growtek and growmore products. I have never tasted anything so clean with NFTG. I used this line with readygro and I know a few that use coco. Nftg works great with it. I use nectar #4 for soil now. This is a great thread!
How would you compare your N4TG runs to Botanicare CS17? Yea I'm scared to use the bloom Kaos for that very reason. I've heard people who used it burned up some stuff with it and I'm not a heavy feeder so I probably don't have enough calcium in them to get away with it.

Irie Farmer

Irie Farmer

I feel NFTG is superior to botanicare. Rumor has it, botanicAre is about to sell to Scott's(Monsanto)
I heard from the company that is just a rumor and they went as far as to say they are not going to be the next General Hydroponics and that they don't believe that anyone else can make their products and are a family business and will remain as such. But you truly never know these days. I will agree to an extent about NFTG being a better product, but Botanicare makes some products that are really exclusive to them and some of them I will always use, unless there is a takeover and they are changed.

D

Discretepete

I am all nftg all day. There really is no need for cal mag or bloom enhancers with nftg since it is calcium derived. Some strains do become mag hungry and using Bloom khaos the wrong way can fuck up a run overnight. That shit needs huge amounts of cal that cal nitrate just can't provide. That is why we use the bone meal to balance. I have used and had great results with botan, H&G, Advanced, growtek and growmore products. I have never tasted anything so clean with NFTG. I used this line with readygro and I know a few that use coco. Nftg works great with it. I use nectar #4 for soil now. This is a great thread!
Is there a general ratio to follow when feeding HH and BK? Like HH 3:1 BK? To make sure there is enough CA available for the bloom khaos to work properly?

D

Discretepete

Yes. I would stick to a ratio of 2tbs of HH for every 1tsp of BK. In bloom I feed as much as 6tbs per gallon of HH in my heavy weeks. Peace.
Thanks bro. I'm finishing up my second plane with these nutes . I do mostly autoflowers right now so I had to find the sweet spot for those kinda. I was using roots organics 707 soil and starting feeding around day 30-35 but this next round I will b using sunshine ultra coir and beginning feeding around day 7-10. I think I will get better results and better learn the line using it this way....I will be running some photos soon with this line....big switch for me as I've been using advanced nutrients since I started growing a year ago....appreciate all your help and information man. Greatly appreciated and the YouTube videos are very helpful too.

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Im using their coco #4 too.

sKully

sKully

nectar for the gods is a shit line but more importantly, its not meant for coco.
buy a PH pen and get some different nutrients.

Also, id suggest not using your own name and picture when posting on these websites...

You've just fed this guy a shoval full of horse shit bro. Quit spewing your noob "knowledge" and misinformation.

This is the problem with grow forums, you got the blind leading the blind. Take advice on these forums with grain of salt and try everything on your own. Figure it out and earn your true masters. Don't go around regurgitating misinformation you picked up off another forum.

Now, back to gardening!

NFTG is a VERY good line of nutrients.
Yes, you can run NFTG in pure coco, and have great success, although with you being a new grower I wouldn't recommend taking this route. You can run ANY NUTRIENT in coco, you can use synthetics, you can use dry amendments. Saying, "You cant grow in such in such with this such in such nutrient", is about the most uninformed thing someone could say. Your medium is what you make of it. You could used a cut-up memory foam pillow in a solo cup if you wanted, as long as there is a way to retain moisture/nutrients and exchange oxygen to allow for proper root growth.

(This doesn't apply to all forms of growing as some hydroponics systems can become clogged if a certain nutrient line
contains any leftover organic materials.)

What I recommend you do, if you want to go with a coco/nectar grow is this...

Amend your coco with Perlite and high quality Worm Castings.

50% Coir /30% Perlite /20% Worm Castings. (Less Organics, Better drainage, Need More Frequent Watering)
or
60% Coir / 10% Perlite /30% Worm Castings. (More organics, Better Nutrient Retention, Retains More Moisture)

Play with those 3 as your base mix for now. You can start venturing in playing with different ratio's and amendments if you choose to continue your research.

There is a plethora of information on the Nectar For The Gods nutrient line out there, do some reading and researching so you can understand them completely. The owner Scott is a stand up dude and i'm sure if you can't find an answer on one of these big forums, hit him up and i'm sure he'll help you figure it out.

-sK

Nybadboy

Nybadboy

So canna A and B I can go the full distance with? I used the boost for a few feeding but its crazy pricey here...Needed to add I'm in week 6 of bloom

PodunkGreen

PodunkGreen

Everyone starts some where. Keep reading. Then read some more. If you really wanna do well...then...keep reading. Everything you need to know is here and it's free. Great growers can grow with any line of nutes and in any type of medium. Just because someone post pics of a certain line of nutes in a certain kind of medium and has been doing the same shit for years doesn't mean that person is a master or even great. Just means they have practiced enough and got into a rhythm. The key is to grow everything, not just herb. Get your hands dirty on some green beans or fruit outdoor next summer. It's a straight up hobby to me.
I agree. Learn how to grow Plants of all types and how to read them. It can only help your skills as a MM gardener.

yodathejamaican

yodathejamaican

nectar for the gods is a shit line but more importantly, its not meant for coco.
buy a PH pen and get some different nutrients.

Also, id suggest not using your own name and picture when posting on these websites...
Sounds like you never used it before. Just make sure your ph rage is:

Veg -> 6.0 to 6.3
Flowering -> 6.3 to 6.5

Top Bottom