Nectar Heads Feeding Breakdown

• Thread starter 2thaleft
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
2thaleft

2thaleft

What up growers! New to NFTG and was wondering if anyone that uses it has a week by week break down from day 1 of flip to say week 10 flower. I have the basic feed chart but am experiencing issues such as early yellowing and bad taste on some plants bit not all. Basically just want to know how other people are using it and at what dose and what time

MagicMoon710

MagicMoon710

What up growers! New to NFTG and was wondering if anyone that uses it has a week by week break down from day 1 of flip to say week 10 flower. I have the basic feed chart but am experiencing issues such as early yellowing and bad taste on some plants bit not all. Basically just want to know how other people are using it and at what dose and what time

MagicMoon710

MagicMoon710

This is my 2nd year (outdoor) using the full NOG pro line, plus thier 1 shot granular in soil prep for the holes this season. Partly for its ph neutralizing features & long term benefits.
We haven't had a single complaint to date. Never even a yellow leaf to this point so far this year, we are just starting into pre bud. All our girls are lush strong & perfect. This nute line is CLEAN, STABLE & Dependable. That's our main reason for using it. Its doesn't hurt that its local made in Oregon too
Clearly the foundation of the line is the Herculean, EVERYone I know considers it to be KEY, even if the use other brand's in additionl. Personally I love the Zuews juice. I consider it as important as the Herc.
We simply feed weekly w regular water each day between & follow the recommended dosages on the NOG feeding chart, bumping up the dose a tiny bit once a month.
IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE FEEDING CHART, DOWNLOAD 1! Its on their and many other sites. Its important.
Good luck & happy garden season to all!

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Are you doing 1x week food all other pH'ed straight water?

I'm going to hand feed next round but want to do automated short cycle timer irrigation for straight h20, tea, or low EC pk boosts of Veg+Bloom. My goal is to have N4tG be the main food , then do the numerous tiny regular small waterings to help get that strong growth in coco, small airpot.
My last round had a 5' tree in a 1g pot but I want to use N4tG as main food and v+b / teas / h2o for constant irrigation supplement. I believe the combination will be very very healthy, strong plants.

Just trying to figure out frequency of hand feeding Nectar ... thoughts?

Paul Simon

Paul Simon

Depending on what products from Nectar you plan on using, V+B is not even remotely needed. Seen plenty of top shelf rooms on all nectar pulling well over 3 per DE fixture. Feeding really depends on the genetics. Forum cut will only get fed Nectar 4 times in our rooms, and never get any of their products has N, while most everything else gets fed the full line, with certain products being fed much stronger, so much lighter, and a few that most don't need at all. This all depends on your base medium, your water source, if you top dress or not, etc.

Once a week is great for plants that aren't 100%, 2x a week is prefered for rooms that are really getting it, with a tea thrown in there.

2thaleft

2thaleft

Thanks for the great replies guys! Im starting to get it dialed in. I'm doing the 6 products from the sample box plus triton trawl minus bloom kaos. Nectar once a week as recomended, my own "tea" made up if my favorite additives and tons of microbes once a week. Then ph'ed for the rest of the week. I stop the additives tea week 5 or 6. I have been doing a 10 day straight water flush with no pre leaching prior to flush. This week I cut my first non flushed plants just to see if there is a different's in taste. I'm really loving nectar, I do plan on doing a side by side with nectar and build a soil''s no till soil but have yet to do it.

Paul Simon

Paul Simon

Some of the flat out best plants we have ever grown are produced in a BAS/Modern Methods soil with a select line up of Nectar. Nectar is more or less FPE/FPJ or animal product ferments in a bottle. Awesome stuff IMO. The shipping out here to deep space sucks, but it is well worth it.

Paul Simon

Paul Simon

It is also worth asking on eof the Nectar pros for the correct mixing order. It should REALLY be mixed in a very specific order according to Scott and Frank.

2thaleft

2thaleft

Ya they really got the golden ticket, I agree its ferments in a bottle. What select products do you use? And Ya shipping is a bitch.

Paul Simon

Paul Simon

If you ask Scott (owns Oregons Only/NFTG) or Frank (the wizard chemist at NFTG) there is a much better order than the chart. It has to do with cation exchange, Frank knows his shit for sure, and mixing in their specific order gets more energy into the plant, I could be talking out my ass too... Worth shooting them an e-mail or if you are close to them, taking the faactory tour, they will spill the beans. We find we don't need any of the nitrogen containing products in a very alive no-till soil, maybe a tiny boost now and then from a tea additive. Even though their N sources are gentle and available, we just don't usually or ever, need them. Top dress help with that s well. A true mix of no till and Nectar.

2thaleft

2thaleft

Awesome info, I'll shoot Scott an email. Man I would have trouble with no N products as I love to use fish 3-1-0. Up to week 5 give or take. Brings on lots of color and dankness. But then again in a soil like you are talking I might not need it. I saw a report on a guy using buildasoil brand soil with just plain water under 750 watts 100gal trays with 10 plants in each 100 gal . If I remember correctly it was over 2lbs per 100gallon under 750 watts and plain water that's bad ass.

Paul Simon

Paul Simon

The tritons trawl has the fish aminos in it to bring the colors and funk out, I think it has a small N value on it, but essential in our line-up, but for the extra N we just use shit loads of fresh topdressings, comfrey, herbs, alfalfa, cover crops offer lots of N, clover brings in high levels of nitrogen fixing bacteria.

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Depending on what products from Nectar you plan on using, V+B is not even remotely needed. Seen plenty of top shelf rooms on all nectar pulling well over 3 per DE fixture. Feeding really depends on the genetics. Forum cut will only get fed Nectar 4 times in our rooms, and never get any of their products has N, while most everything else gets fed the full line, with certain products being fed much stronger, so much lighter, and a few that most don't need at all. This all depends on your base medium, your water source, if you top dress or not, etc.

Once a week is great for plants that aren't 100%, 2x a week is prefered for rooms that are really getting it, with a tea thrown in there.
I've done full line Nectar and had perfect results. But I'm now also convinced that small pot coco with numerous regular short irrigation is extremely productive.

I'm not attached to using a lot of v+b, in fact when my open bulb verts were really getting strong growth, I saw lockouts. I'm dialing it all back.

I'm more than willing to feed Nectar 1-7x a week, in 1g or 2g coco pots (Actually using their brand of coco, too) but need to get a sense of how often I should hand feed based on using a daily small regular tea or water irrigation.

Paul Simon

Paul Simon

I would think ramping from 1 Nectar hand feeding a week to 4-5 during peak bloom then baacking of to flush. Never personally done Nectar in small pots. I would most likely never feed twice in a row with containers that size, always water or tea in between...

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

I would think ramping from 1 Nectar hand feeding a week to 4-5 during peak bloom then baacking of to flush. Never personally done Nectar in small pots. I would most likely never feed twice in a row with containers that size, always water or tea in between...
Good suggestion. Last time I did Nectar was in 18g totes, 2x a week.

Since switching to small pot coco, I've really seen the light. I've had 5'+ trees in 1g pots. They love it. But Nectar cannot sit in a feed barrel ... must ALL be used immediately.
That's why I'm trying to develop a hybrid method if that makes sense.

Paul Simon

Paul Simon

There is no other company that will take you into their manufacturing facility and all but tell you exactly how it is all made. Transparency, trust and mind for sustainability is what brought me back to Nectar. Add that they listen to the customer and care about the future of the planet and it is hard to buy other stuff, regardless of the price. We use very little, virtually no, nectaar at this point, but in a pinch(if we fuck up FPE/FPJs) we can turn to Nectar. Also if you really mess up a soil or a feeding, using their Hurclean Harvest to lock up the super excess works very well.

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Got my NFTG free nute kit in the mail last week from the POTM contest. Gonna try it out on 2 plants next run and compare to my technaflora nutes I've used the past 4 yrs. Seems like you all really like these nutes.
I'm as worldly and as experienced as absolutely anyone on this forum, I assure you. Went to Amsterdam 5x in the 1990s. My local shop was Harborside Health. Ive seen far far more than my share across the world.

N4tG is unbeatable by any method I've ever seen. I do not work for them. I've tried to emulate them using any number of "simpler" nute lines or even dry ferts. Nothing comes close.

High humidity, high rH, high c02 with N4tG results in Cretaceous plants. They look prehistoric. Nothing else is a close 2nd.

Just my take @DemonTrich

Latest posts

Top Bottom