Need A/C sugestions for 6400 watts

• Thread starter unoeye
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

unoeye

Ok guys need some help picking out a new ac for my room. I went small and it facked me..lesson learned.

Here is what I have in the room that is about 12x9
6x 600's air cooled
4x CMH open fixture style
2 big air pumps
Dehumidifiyer
2 chillers 1/4 hp
Soleous ac that is just struggling
Co2 burner but cant use because of high heat.

I think that is about everything worth mentioning that creates heat in the room for the most part.

I need a AC unit that will work in the dead of a Michigan winter.

I am figuring I need about 30,000 btu to be on the safe side.

I have been looking into a mini split ductless a/c unit from Friederich this is the model I was thinking in the 30700 btu model.

I would really like to make the right choice this time and need some help. I have around 3k to spend on the unit and or 6k to spend if anyone can point me out another more efficient way of cooling.

Thank you farmers
uno

S

Sway

The unit u are looking at is a badass unit. It will work great for you for a very long time... It also will cool down to zero degrees... So depending on how cold it gets there u should be good for winter with that unit. A good friend of mine has that unit and its very reliable.... Friedrich is top of the game for split units

Midnight_son

Midnight_son

Premium Member
Supporter
unoeye, that unit will be more than enough for your 6400 watts. You will even be able to add another 1000-2000w in the future if you choose to do so.

U

unoeye

Thanks midnight is kinda thinking along the same lines my self. I was kinda pushing the idea around of 2 18,000 units at 19 seer instead of 15 and I think it would be better for the airflow also.

The 2 units would be just shy of 3k in price but might be a better over all performance and a extra 3,600 btu's. Any thoughts?

Midnight_son

Midnight_son

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks midnight is kinda thinking along the same lines my self. I was kinda pushing the idea around of 2 18,000 units at 19 seer instead of 15 and I think it would be better for the airflow also.

The 2 units would be just shy of 3k in price but might be a better over all performance and a extra 3,600 btu's. Any thoughts?

That would def help with cool air circulation, plus even further capability for future expansion. You will draw slightly more power though.

420Gator

420Gator

Id go with 3 eleven 100s from Lowes @ 400 a piece. I got one in a 4k air cooled setup and temp stays manageable, will probably have to add another in the next few weeks with the arrival of summer

Top Bottom