Need a lil help dialing in my wattage(QB96v2 and Samsung strips)

• Thread starter Klompen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Klompen

Klompen

I am trying to figure out the right wattage to run my lights at. I have a 2x2 space with a QB96 overhead and Samsung A strips around the sides. Right now the overhead QB96v2 is at 90W, and the side lights are running around 60W. So I have 22.5W per square foot overhead, and with the side lights calculated in its about 37.5W per square foot total.

I am on day 33 now with Summer Breeze Trifoliate, but she's at day 29 in these pics. The deficiency signs are from the russet hemp mites I just finished defeating, so just ignore that.

Here are some pics:

Need a lil help dialing in my wattageqb96v2 and samsung strips

Need a lil help dialing in my wattageqb96v2 and samsung strips 2

Need a lil help dialing in my wattageqb96v2 and samsung strips 3

Klompen

Klompen

I forgot to mention that the QB96 is about 20 inches(about 51cm) above the canopy.

MilkyTrichomes

MilkyTrichomes

Do you monitor your PPFD / DLI? There is an app for IPhones (Photone) that helps a lot if you don’t have an apogee.

Klompen

Klompen

I don't have a way of monitoring such things. I only have a cheap government android phone that is full of spyware and is never allowed near my chamber. I think there's charts for the QB96v2, but I have no idea regarding these strips. I got them from Arrow on sale.

Klompen

Klompen

I will get a meter when I can afford one, but in the mean time I tried using an app on the phone but it doesn't work right. It says I'm at 2500 lux at the canopy from above and around twice that at the sides. This seems wrong. I have my QB96V2 at 100W now and the side lights at 75W total. Not sure what my real output is. Does anyone here have experience with the QB96????

Top Bottom