Need a little help here.

• Thread starter SHAKELLY
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SHAKELLY

Need some help on my second grow.

I'm growing White widow auto and skywalker og auto from barney's farm.

Started off in peat pellets then transplanted (popped peat pellet into final pot) 5 gallon smart pot without disturbing roots.

Growing in coco eco thrive with 1% charge and 20% perlite.

Under viparspectra xs2000 lighting on 75% at 70cm height 20 / 4 light cycle.

I'm using RO water and getting my ph between 5.8 and 6.0.

2 oscillating fans on timers.

Day temps 24C, humidity 60 to 65%. Night 18C and humidity 55 to 60%. Leaf temp - 2 to 3 and my VPD is between 0.5 and 0.8 and as you can see from pics I'm able to keep my climate very steady.

First week just pH 6.0 water and second week i started nutes following Dutchmans AN Auto flower feed schedule. That recommended first week EC 0.5 i started at 0.3 to be safe. Nutes are advanced nutrients sensi coco grow. Today is day 15 from sprouting.

I've been very careful with watering as my last grow the white widow showed signs of over watering and looked limp. Still turned out great in the end. So this time I'm just watering around the seedlings and letting top 3 to 4 inches get dry, pot weight still feels like it's holding some water though but very dry at the top. Seedlings are still showing signs of been over watered even when i leave them for 2 days to dry out. I then questioned could i be wrong and they are under watered so on one fertigation i made sure i got a little water near the stem. Yep further wilting so I'm back to thinking over watered or could it possibly be nutrient lockout?

I've only fed 3 times but never to run off as was of course worried about over watering. I tried little and often to keep coco moist to prevent this so i cannot think of anything else it could be.

How do you water to run off without over watering?

Does this look like nutrient lockout?

Any advice where i could be going wrong will really be appreciated. TIA.

Need a little help here
Need a little help here 2
Need a little help here 3
Need a little help here 4
Need a little help here 5
Need a little help here 6
Need a little help here 7
Need a little help here 8
Need a little help here 9
NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

The issue here is that the pots are too big for the plants. It is difficult to water properly if the pot isn't sized correctly. It can be done, but care must be taken. You want to water the entire pot to encourage root growth in the entire pot. And then let it dry out before watering again.

S

SHAKELLY

The issue here is that the pots are too big for the plants. It is difficult to water properly if the pot isn't sized correctly. It can be done, but care must be taken. You want to water the entire pot to encourage root growth in the entire pot. And then let it dry out before watering again.
Thank you for your answer. Because they are autos i started then off in a peat pellet so would be easier to transfer to final pot. First week with only water they was fine, the problem started when i started the nutes. Nute concentration was 0.3 so was fine but I didn't water till run off. So after about the 4th or 5th fertigation i decided to flush with ph 6 RO water and 1.1 ec was the run off on one and 0.8 on the other so gather this is the problem.

I've flushed them down with about a gallon of water and now run off ec is 0.4. Do you think it needs further flushing? Flush was yesterday so worried about root rot if i don't let them dry out a little.

NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

The number one issue I see with newer growers is the tendency to "over-love" their babies. It's easy to get excited, with all the knowledge and products out there, and kill plants. I think you need to take a step back and leave them alone for a few days, see if they recover. They are weeds and will grow with minimal help. I would worry less about getting it all perfect, and keep reading here at the farm. Your babies are still alive, but need some redirection. Leave them alone, no water/food/attention, for a couple/three days then take a picture.

Top Bottom