Need a new browser...Mozilla sux!

• Thread starter CAPO
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CAPO

I'm not happy with my Mozilla Firefox anymore. They changed the whole look of the browser. I sometimes have a hard time finding the farm through the new ASK toolbar, that is Mozilla now.
It doesn't have any url box or back buttons, I have to use 'alt-arrow key' to navigate.
Google Chrome is my backup, and seems to outperform the new ASK.

Is there another browser that will offer security and functionality better than Chrome or Mozilla???????

OR

Is their a way to get the old Mozilla back or customize the ASK function to perform like it used to???

Thanks,CAPO:fighting0085:

B

bngrips

I'm not happy with my Mozilla Firefox anymore. They changed the whole look of the browser. I sometimes have a hard time finding the farm through the new ASK toolbar, that is Mozilla now.
It doesn't have any url box or back buttons, I have to use 'alt-arrow key' to navigate.
Google Chrome is my backup, and seems to outperform the new ASK.

Is there another browser that will offer security and functionality better than Chrome or Mozilla???????

OR

Is their a way to get the old Mozilla back or customize the ASK function to perform like it used to???

Thanks,CAPO:fighting0085:
re-install firefox and custom install. uncheck the box that installs the ask toolbar, thats it. if you do the automatic install, they try to slip that toolbar in there.
Opera is pretty cool too.

C

CAPO

killer thanks bngrips.......that deserves a fat nasty nug of some OG bro!

C

CAPO

Well Farmers...here's an update:

I had no luck with the uninstall and reinstall, and custom install no longer offers the option of whether or not to run the "ask" tool bar.
I did however have luck changing the browser back to Google and not Ask, the only problem being that the toolbar at the top stays with the new look. No arrow keys and no url field.
What pisses me off is that Ask came into my computer without asking and became my default search engine, not only in Mozilla but other places as well. This is no more than adware if you ask me.
Anyway if you want to change your search engine back to Google on your Mozilla home page do the following:
1) load Mozilla...then go Tools...then click the Options.
2) You will see a url field with the "ask" address. Erase that and copy/paste this http://www.google.com/search?q= in it's place.
3) Then at the bottom click OK. This will bring you back to the Ask toolbar once again.
4) In the toolbar type the word "test" without the quotations.
5) this should prompt the Google toolbar. It will revert back to "Ask" if you happen to type a url in wrong, otherwise works fine.

I have since installed Opera and find it to be quite fast, but the Tabs are a little clumsy or sometimes don't really separate.

C

CAPO

Fuck me runnin..............now Ask has invaded my Opera browser too.

I think I need to sue "Ask" and "Bing"...who's with me?

Are we doomed to using Google Chrome only now?

I like my Windows 7, but am seriously considering Linux.

Lowman

Lowman

Dude...there's nothin wrong with FF. Go to Viwe, then toolbars. Click on the navigation bars. Have a look around the whole view drop down and I'm sure you'll be good to go.

C

CAPO

weird as hell..........just after reading your post I downloaded firefox 3.6 and it loaded alot quicker and it is back to my big beautiful google screen with arrow navigation and a beautiful url field.

Wow...maybe because I have google chrome set as my default now and "ask" can't find a way through. We shall see. I'll keep your advice in mind Lowman and thanks!!

T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
I would stay as far away from any windows machine as possible. :D

Run unix or linux.. soo much better off..

R

revolutionseeds

Premium Member
Supporter
I've heard Chrome is the best at the moment. My buddy is a gamer fanatic...computer junkie...I'm pretty much the opposite, lol! I'm kind of leary of anything google is behind...personally.

Latest posts

Top Bottom