Need a rich soiless mix

• Thread starter CanadianMillenialGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CanadianMillenialGrower

CanadianMillenialGrower

Looking for what everyone's best thoughts are on a mix of soiless soil with fertilizer mixtures that will do throughout veg and flower. I would love to get a Monster plant and harvest as much as possible. Will be running 25g fabric pots x4 (1 for each seed) so need a mixture to make about 400L. Please post up any you have tried with success and don't forget to add the pics!!

Farmer88

Farmer88

Use a promix or coco and liquid fert. Coast of maine stonningtons blend is the best potting soil i have found to date. Much beter results than vermont compost. But its not soilless at least I do not think so. But if you are referring to a straight peat pearlite or coco pearlite, I have not had great results with dry fertilizers mixed in. I can bet someone will be able to prove me wrong about that though.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Looking for what everyone's best thoughts are on a mix of soiless soil with fertilizer mixtures that will do throughout veg and flower. I would love to get a Monster plant and harvest as much as possible. Will be running 25g fabric pots x4 (1 for each seed) so need a mixture to make about 400L. Please post up any you have tried with success and don't forget to add the pics!!
I’m not sure where you are located but the growing season is here so if your using 25 gallon pots I assume you have some plants that have already been vegging indoors? If not I wouldn’t waste all that soil filling them all the way up maybe do like half or so. I got a bail of promix and divided it between 4x 25 gallon fabric pots and amended with Earth worm castings, roots organic terp tea grow and bloom and planted my ladies in there! A bail of promix can fill about 70-80 gallons. It does need to have nutes added tho but just mix in some dry amendments like I did instead of paying all the extra for ferted soil. If your going to be filling 100 gallons worth of soil that is. I found it to be cheaper to get the bail of promix and buy the dry amendments to mix in
C7715837 1F85 464D 9148 8D9D321B7F29

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Look up Mr.Canuck he does a coco mix with some amendments and Gaia 4-4-4 with some pretty crazy results. Pretty much water only. But this needs to be treated a bit differently. No runoff and if you get your mixture wrong you will be fighting it all grow long.
+1..
i use promix with mycorrhizae and green gaia for outdoors. one bale of pro mix would be mix with 3.75-4.00 pounds of gaia, should get ya close to six weeks worth of food..
so just breakdown the mixture sizes for what you use..

euphoria526

euphoria526

Beanstalk agriculture CRF

That is all
It’s a little pricey but I’ve seen GREAT results used in coco. Especially if you transplant up at least once.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Alright homie I got you covered. 25 gallons sounds like your looking to grow some trees and I most definitely can get down with that 😎 🤘

Ultra cheap and easy Home Depot recipe. You buy these three exact items and then when you get home you pour an even 1/3 of each in a big pile and mix it. Blend it yourself by the wheelbarrow full. I add Azomite and Mycorrhizae as well but you can run it with the simple 3 ingredients and it will work just fine. All the plants below including the 8ft trees are in this blend this is all I use now. Add your liquid veg and bloom feeds as well no problems you can fertilize on top of this blend. I dropped Foxfarms cuz this blend is cheaper and I wasn't seeing any better results with the pricier pre-bagged soils. DIY blend all the way I use this for both indoor and outdoor.

1/3 of this...
Screen Shot 2021 06 05 at 72753 PM

1/3 of this...
Screen Shot 2021 06 05 at 72542 PM

1/3 of this...
Screen Shot 2021 06 05 at 72433 PM

Grow pics using this blend...
IMG 1400

IMG 2725

IMG 2634

IMG 2077

IMG 2087

Screen Shot 2021 01 10 at 74323 PM

IMG 3143

CanadianMillenialGrower

CanadianMillenialGrower

Use a promix or coco and liquid fert. Coast of maine stonningtons blend is the best potting soil i have found to date. Much beter results than vermont compost. But its not soilless at least I do not think so. But if you are referring to a straight peat pearlite or coco pearlite, I have not had great results with dry fertilizers mixed in. I can bet someone will be able to prove me wrong about that though.
I'm using coco coir with liquid nutrients. But I also want a fertilizer I can add on top. I was already thinking,
:30L sheep manure
:17L perlite
:15L bag earthworm castings.

Does anyone else have any suggestions as to what I should add into this mixture! J

Shlep

Shlep

I'm trying this: 35% Perlite, 35% Vermiculite, and 30% Coir. I've added Myco (because I have some( and some Azomite. We'll see how it goes. Haven't done soil-less in a long time, but... ;) Also, had some water beads, so, they went in as well. Nontoxic, of course.

IMG 20210612 135005
IMG 20210612 135013
IMG 20210612 135033
IMG 20210612 135049
IMG 20210612 135053
Shlep

Shlep

What wrong with soil? Have you tried Hydro?
For the past 6 yrs I've used DWC. I've also used Flood/Drain; I've had many setups. I'm just looking at temps and my area grows are at 'air' temp and in the 'desert' it's hot. Not going to try to keep the res temps down. This isn't critical to my life, so, I experiment and just do shtie sometimes for no reason, but, this time I have a reason. ;)

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

For the past 6 yrs I've used DWC. I've also used Flood/Drain; I've had many setups. I'm just looking at temps and my area grows are at 'air' temp and in the 'desert' it's hot. Not going to try to keep the res temps down. This isn't critical to my life, so, I experiment and just do shtie sometimes for no reason, but, this time I have a reason. ;)
Cool. Sounds good. I love to experiment, I just don't have the room.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I'm trying this: 35% Perlite, 35% Vermiculite, and 30% Coir. I've added Myco (because I have some( and some Azomite. We'll see how it goes. Haven't done soil-less in a long time, but... ;) Also, had some water beads, so, they went in as well. Nontoxic, of course.

Nice, that looks similar to my mix, which is about 50% perlite, 40% peat 10% coco. I'm irrigating once a day in veg, 3 gallon pots. I hoped for once or twice a day in peak flower, but it's looking like it will get to 3 times a day. Not sure how the water beads will affect it, good luck.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Nice, that looks similar to my mix, which is about 50% perlite, 40% peat 10% coco. I'm irrigating once a day in veg, 3 gallon pots. I hoped for once or twice a day in peak flower, but it's looking like it will get to 3 times a day. Not sure how the water beads will affect it, good luck.
Yeah that 40% is what's increasing the water holding capacity. But nice looking mix.

Shlep

Shlep

So, if I have to water every other day, what kind of fert schedule would you use? 25% ? The Verm should hold some nutes, but, I'm not too sure about watering soilless since I've never really done soilless; only MOSTLY, but, I always had some soil, probably 30%.

If anyone has grown in just perlite, how did you feed, if not drip? Thanks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom