Need advice first time growing!

• Thread starter Bigbuds361
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

I assume photo then, since you’re asking.

Up to you. I like them bigger and bushier but many flip ASAP.

Any reason you want to flip sooner rather than later?

B

Bigbuds361

I assume photo then, since you’re asking.

Up to you. I like them bigger and bushier but many flip ASAP.

Any reason you want to flip sooner rather than later?
I started my first seeds in January, (first time grower) I bought 3 and got 5 free,8 total. ended up planting all them because of males and having the chance of not sprouting. Well I eneded up with 5 females in a 2x2x4 tent. 2 autos and 3 photos. Autos are just hitting flowering.

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Ah, I see. I do photo myself. I don’t think I’d mix photos & autos together but IDK.

Regardless if your autos are ready to go then I’d get ready to flip since you don’t have another grow space.

Let’s see if anyone else who’s done this can advise.

B

Bigbuds361

Ah, I see. I do photo myself. I don’t think I’d mix photos & autos together but IDK.

Regardless if your autos are ready to go then I’d get ready to flip since you don’t have another grow space.

Let’s see if anyone else who’s done this can advise.
Appreciate you, I’m going to get another setup for photos. I can’t get myself to cut anything down after I’m this far in my first grow!! Plus everyone says the size can double and I don’t want anything do ruin my harvest.

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

sooo lesson learned don’t mix autos and photo period plants. Now that you are here, this is my advise for troubleshooting.
keep at 18/6 lighting, your photo periods are just starting to show the alternating branching pattern showing that they are mature to flower. I would run them another 2-3 weeks in the photo veg cycle, as they would benefit from more growth before the flip. It really doesnt matter your autos are flowering, they will continue to flower regardless of light time.
stay to th course to finish your photos

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Not quit double, 20-30% growth.

read more man, google is your best friend starting out in grwothing. Google every aspect. Google before you ask us fools

B

Bigbuds361

read more man, google is your best friend starting out in grwothing. Google every aspect. Google before you ask us fo

read more man, google is your best friend starting out in grwothing. Google every aspect. Google before you ask us fools
Appreciate the advice. Was jumping the gun on my first grow trying to do to much.

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Two tents Is really the way to go. Have a veg and bloom chamber that you c an control the lighting in both. I also have a 3rd area for clone propagation, but that isn’t always used.
as you become more familiar with growing and the stains you like, you may want to exclusively go photo period seeds, as its much harder to breed autoflowers.
you’ll want to become independent of th seed bank too, breeding your own crosses and planting stock.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Might as well flip them.

Expect stretch. The photos may over top the autos, depending on the variety, so booster seats may be needed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom