Need advice for 1000w grow

• Thread starter coopnutts
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

coopnutts

im gonna start a grow room with a 1000w ballast....now i could use some suggestions on things i really need vs. things i should have....ie,: what testers or meters i should get or need, suggestions in nutrients, and should i go with a metal halide bulb for growth stage or should i use HPS in the growth stage....i Know i could find all the answers if i just looked hard enough but i know there is someone out there dying to tell me how they would have done it if they could...so thank you for taking your time.

M

Mr. Greeny

Well your testers/meters would depend on if your doing hydro or soil. For soild I would just get a PH meter or testing kit. For hydro I would get a PH testing kit/or ph pen and a temperature reader for your rez at the least. A lot of growers will tell you to get a ppm meter too. I have grown multiple rounds of hydro with no ppm meter, so you make the call. If you are a beginner in soil I would use fox farm or botanicare nutes. If you are a beginner in hydro I would use the general hydroponics line. But make sure you pick yourself up some Hygrozyme. That shit is amazing! Metal halide is best for veg state, but hps will work too. Did you get a dimmable ballast? You really won't need a 1000 watts of light for your veg. I personally use 400-600 watts for veg. Hope this helps bro. Good luck with your grow and keep us posted!

Top Bottom