Need advice for browning seedling leaves!

• Thread starter smleon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

smleon

Hi folks,

New grower here! I'm on my first indoor grow of Autoflower Gorilla Glue, and one of my seedlings started developing dark, blotchy spots on it's first set of real leaves, which turned to rusty brown spots. At this point it looks like those 2 leaves are dying, as you can see in the picture. I've done some research, and it looks like this could be either over watering (very possible) or some sort of fungus. My question is about whether or not I should cut these leaves away? I don't want to stress the plant, but I also don't want it to die. Any help you guys can provide would be great. Thanks in advance.

Need advice for browning seedling leaves

Environment:

Indoor, humidified to 60%
Fox Farms Ocean Forest Soil
watering with pH balanced water for first week
Viparspectra P2000 200W 2x4 LED Grow light

2Bad

2Bad

Hi folks,

New grower here! I'm on my first indoor grow of Autoflower Gorilla Glue, and one of my seedlings started developing dark, blotchy spots on it's first set of real leaves, which turned to rusty brown spots. At this point it looks like those 2 leaves are dying, as you can see in the picture. I've done some research, and it looks like this could be either over watering (very possible) or some sort of fungus. My question is about whether or not I should cut these leaves away? I don't want to stress the plant, but I also don't want it to die. Any help you guys can provide would be great. Thanks in advance.

View attachment 1235870

Environment:

Indoor, humidified to 60%
Fox Farms Ocean Forest Soil
watering with pH balanced water for first week
Viparspectra P2000 200W 2x4 LED Grow light
It looks like you spilled water on it IMO. I would let it be.

S

smleon

It looks like you spilled water on it IMO. I would let it be.
Thanks for the reply 2Bad. I had posted an older photo (from a couple of days ago). Below is what it looks like today, which is notably worse IMO. Does this new photo change your opinion?

Choppr

Choppr

Back off on Light intensity while they recover, stop watering, FFOF can be too hot for seedlings especilly over wet, all them nutrients breaking down faster -
you should only be watering a couple ounces every other day for seedlings. Water 1" around them. I wouldnt cut them....

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

You're definitely overwatering.
Agreed on that part ...
Thanks for the reply 2Bad. I had posted an older photo (from a couple of days ago). Below is what it looks like today, which is notably worse IMO. Does this new photo change your opinion?

View attachment 1235906
Like @mysticepipedon said, classic signs of over watering.

There is some good news though ... if you fix the over-watering, things will turn around. You can still have a successful grow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom