Need Advice... Harvest Now Or Wait???

• Thread starter dcgolfer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sharty1

Sharty1

If you are timing your first smoke with a particular date or event in mind, dont forget to add dry and cure time.

dcgolfer

dcgolfer

If you are timing your first smoke with a particular date or event in mind, dont forget to add dry and cure time.

Yeah, little behind for the date but just wanted some so I can still let the rest cure properly. Excited for my first grow, it will have at least dried a couple of weeks before jarring. Room temp 80 RH 45. does that work?
20190409 085203

W8ing4Buds

W8ing4Buds

Every article that red it says that the optimal drying humidity in 50% but i know some that start even higher and then go to 50%
For you fear of mold.. you need to have many fans in your dry room to keep air moving around but make sure they don't blow air directly on your Bud's

dcgolfer

dcgolfer

Every article that red it says that the optimal drying humidity in 50% but i know some that start even higher and then go to 50%
For you fear of mold.. you need to have many fans in your dry room to keep air moving around but make sure they don't blow air directly on your Bud's

ok, I can tweak the RH. I do have good fresh air source flowing in the room that moves buds on the lines ever so slightly all day. Thanks for the advice.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
ok, I can tweak the RH. I do have good fresh air source flowing in the room that moves buds on the lines ever so slightly all day. Thanks for the advice.
I go 45% humidity day 1-2. Then up that to 55 day 3-7. Then once I gauge the dryness, I up that to 62% 7-14. Slowly allowing it to start cure while drying.
Temps 68-75dgf
Low and slow you will have top shelf buds that mellows and ages better.
I also don’t buck it
Take buds stems on into large bins airtight and start cure , coolers work best for air tight. Yeti type.
Then 4 weeks in I start the final trim and jar curing.
Tell ya what, best tasting and quality bud you can find.

Top Bottom