Need advice on a Dehumidifier

• Thread starter Pandaman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Pandaman

Hey guys,
Before I start Flower I wanted to get a Dehumidifier. I know nothing about them except from research and I just found out that they produce hot air as a result of the process. Is that true?

I have a GrowLab 120. I'm in 4th week of Vege and my Humidity avg is 55%-60%.

Could someone recommend a Dehumidifier and a "Plan of Action" to use it? I don't mind dropping a little money on an investment unit that will serve me for years. What I'm worried about is having to empty the reservoir more than once a day. I'm not home for most of the day. I'm also worried about heat. I'm willing to do some construction to customize this installation.

Thanks in advance

:bong-hits:

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
Pandaman they do produce some heat You can hook it up with a drain hose as long as you mount it off the floor this will allow you to drain into a bucket or even out side..JACK

P

Pandaman

Pandaman they do produce some heat You can hook it up with a drain hose as long as you mount it off the floor this will allow you to drain into a bucket or even out side..JACK

That's a great idea! This means that I place the Humidifier wherever I want and I could rig it to drain outside of the tent :).

Now I just need to figure out the Heat issue and I'm set. Shouldn't be too tough though.

Thanks

:icon_cookie:

S

Sonic Seeds

Breeder
Supporter
That's a great idea! This means that I place the Humidifier wherever I want and I could rig it to drain outside of the tent :).

Now I just need to figure out the Heat issue and I'm set. Shouldn't be too tough though.

Thanks

:icon_cookie:

if you are bringing the air into your tent from the out side of the tent and not from the out side of your house , then you are best to have the dehum in the room so it dries the air before it gets into your tent

check to see how many letres a day it takes out of the air . if it has perminent drain facility then you dont have to worry bout the internal water container size . just the litres per day

also on another note , its good to have planks of wood running from pole to pole to stop the inside of your tent sucking in . just some thing i saw in another thread , i never thought of doing before and makes so much sense

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
hey that is such a good idea sonic,do you have a link or little more info, how many planks are needed? just like one near top one near bottom or what? i have that problem ..

20north

i kinda ran in to the same problem i decided to try and build a sealed room so you could just get an ac and a dehumi and co2 and you would have a bangin setup maybe a big carbon filter so you could medicate in the same room and keep your home from smelling like smoke

every dehumi over 190 on newegg should have a place to plug in a drain hose..... put it on an egg crate and send the hose somewhere hehe where is the question though i have heard big rumors that the dehumi water can have nasty bacteria in it because it has like no ph at alll........

P

Pandaman

Damn Sonic! Great idea! My mind is spinning with ideas now.

Big Thanks!

J

julsbagell

Premium Member
Supporter
Get a sante fe it will last forever and they work twice as good as anything youll find at home depot.

P

Pandaman

julsbagell, could you describe what your talking about? Gonna get paid tomorrow and I want to settle this issue asap. What's a "Santa Fe"? Is that the name of a Dehumidifier?

TIA

S

Standaman

Dehumidifiers add very little heat IMO my tent never goes above 23c and DH runs 24/7
and humidity 35-50% lights on and lights off not past 60% it has a 3 litre capacity which i empty every 24hrs

J

julsbagell

Premium Member
Supporter
Its a brand, I have a sante fe compact and it hangs from the ceiling Ill see if I have some pics.

P

Pandaman

Cool thanks, I was flying blind trying to find a Dehumi without knowing what's good and what's bad.

Pics would be great, thanks!

P

Pandaman

Wow, just followed that link... Ouch! It's very nice, I can see why people would want it in their Flower Room. Buuuuuuuuut, I have a 4'x4'x6.5' tent and that monster is suited for 1,600sq ft. That's 100 times more than I need! LOL

Daom, the Santa Fe's are even over $1,100 on eBay! This unit is VERY nice. Can't justify getting it now, but when my roommate and I move into a 3 bedroom, we can go All Out and convert a bedroom into a grow room. THEN, we could justify the cost for that monster/beauty.

Thanks for all the input guys, I've been seeing some good Name Brand Dehumidifiers in the $150-$200 range. Until I set up my Bomb Ass grow room, think I'm just going to keep it simple and get a low priced one. Throw in a bit of custom work to get it running tight and smooth and leave it at that :)

Peace.

D

doctodD_hawaii

im with you pandaman. far to big for most of our needs. and i still cant get over the cost. I guess if your selling it you could justify the cost but I grow only for myself so the 200.00 units have to do. They work fine I use the drain and run it out the tent to a 10gal tub. I just dump that in the sink every other day or so. Works fine and I can use the money saved to get that cool new whatever I was looking at.

K

KushMaster707

look at the hydro farm analog dehumidifier, i have been using it for the past year and it works great.

K

KushMaster707

no prob, i really like mine and the only way i would switch is if i was going for an industrial sized one but even then i only use 2 of those units for a 11x11' room with %50< humidity so all in all theyre great.

S

satindica

As another thought, are you aware that portable A/C units also have a dehumidify setting? This will both dehumidify and keep your space nice and cool. In the winter time great deals can be had on such units, just look at your local craigslist or ebay.

I found a nice one on carigslist where I live for 250 still in the box.

Latest posts

Top Bottom