Need advice on defoliation on this one

• Thread starter Shayne010944
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shayne010944

Shayne010944

Hi guys ,

So I’ve flipped this plant to flower 9 days ago . I’ve done reading that you should defol before flip and then at day 21. It’s day 9 and I’ve had to trim a few large leaves as there blocking the nodes from growing . Is this ok to do or will it harm the plant not waiting till day 21.

Growing under the sf4000 in coco using green planet Nutes on this one

Need advice on defoliation on this one
Need advice on defoliation on this one 2
Need advice on defoliation on this one 3
Need advice on defoliation on this one 4

H

hawkman

gennerally one doesn't want any leaves below the scrog netting - also take a few fans that are above the netting that are influencing other bud sutes - also veg times need to be longer than 30days veg - consider 45days (+) veg to get those slow grwoing branches !! looking good

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

gennerally one doesn't want any leaves below the scrog netting - also take a few fans that are above the netting that are influencing other bud sutes - also veg times need to be longer than 30days veg - consider 45days (+) veg to get those slow grwoing branches !! looking good
i think ive vegged these for 5 weeks from seed. cant remember exactly.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
You could have waited to fill most of the screen before flipping but, get er done and on to the next one quicker. Plant looks healthy💪🏻
A few big ones here and there, and a complete strip from the net down around day 21.

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

You could have waited to fill most of the screen before flipping but, get er done and on to the next one quicker. Plant looks healthy💪🏻
A few big ones here and there, and a complete strip from the net down around day 21.
thanks mate will do

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Can be stressful to the plant to remove branches when it’s setting buds. This is the time the rocket is launching so to speak.
Also, gives time to see which branches will make it to the top of the screen after stretch.

Madmax

Madmax

Yeh i would of had the net positioned lower that way you could have weaved,tucked branches under the netting and exposed more nodes that could of been trained.and that would of filled out your net more.its all just a learning curve so no biggie..ive seen plants exactly like yours is right now .the net was lowered and all the branches were cropped like tornado had been through lol .looked bad but very effective.
I tke the lower branches off just before flip and lollipop the lowers a little..

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Woo bushy, prune lightly and evenly at first, some strains get really uptight if pruned most don't mind but go lightly so not to shock the plant.

Top Bottom