need advice on led

• Thread starter webehigh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FrannyJeffers

cheers!
hmmm not as yet, no - but i have two separate contacts who swear by them - would be interested if anyone else here has experience of their products. I'm considering an investment...

Catatafish

Catatafish

Those are Cidly LEDs, bought much cheaper straight from the Chinese suppliers.

Buy American, and get the real deal. And an actual warranty.

cheers!
hmmm not as yet, no - but i have two separate contacts who swear by them - would be interested if anyone else here has experience of their products. I'm considering an investment...

ttystikk

ttystikk

Back to the original subject, of producing more bud for less electricity. I'm doing an experiment documented in the trees section; oh my god, he turned it INSIDE OUT!!!

The idea I'm investigating is one of getting more product out of one 1000w hps bulb, by turning the entire canopy vertically and then rolling it around the bulb, nice and close. Instead of one thouie lighting a flat canopy of 9 or 16 to maybe 25 square feet, think of it lighting a strip four feet tall by an eyebrow raising 12 feet around the circumference- for an incredible 48 square feet, all perfectly placed at the ideal distance from that one thousand watt bulb.

I have another trick up my sleeve for this project, but to see what I'm up to you're gonna have to go check out the thread!

Kebz

Kebz

I grow with LED's and consider them more than up to the task of growing herbs.

The main issue with adding 6000watts of LED lighting is the buy in price. Dependant on manufacturer your taking thousands and thousands (and probably thousands) of bucks. You'll definately save on cooling cost though.

Another problem is if your spending that kinda money, you'll want to know it works, large scale. Not many large scale growers have transitioned over to LED's due to expense and doubts in the canna community on the ability of LED's to perform in bloom. This means it'll be hard to find examples of LED's working large scale, so you'll almost be 'taking a risk' on the return of the purchase costs of the lights. Maybe start by adding one or two lights and make a judgement from there if your happy with the performance prior to committing wholesale.

Top Bottom