Need advice on next run...

• Thread starter Casual
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Casual

Hey all... now that my first BioBucket run is in the books, I'm moving my setup and planning on some changes. I'm ditching the light mover, and planning on adding another 1kw lamp.
The Buckets are 5gallon, and I'm planning on either running 6 or 8 buckets. I'm thinking of running one 1Kw light between the 1st/2nd row, and then the other between the 2nd/3rd row if I run 6 plants, or
1st/2nd and 3rd/4th if I run 8. Something like this...

The 'O's are the lights, X's plants. for some reason, when I post, it offsets the lights to the left... they should be centered between the plants.

X X
O
X X
O
X X

or

X X
O
X X

X X
O
X X

What do you all think? I know ideally a 3rd light in the middle of the eight bucket setup would be best, but don't know if power wise I could swing it. My electric bill last month was $750, with ONE light.
Without changing anything else, anyone want to fathom a guess as to how much another one, or two 1kw lights would boost my bill? Another month and it'll start cooling off around here, the AC won't run as much, so that will drop the bill in itself.

Looking for options here.

Thanks!!!

Caz

B

Backward_Z

If you're concerned about your power bill, the why run vertical lighting? As I understand it the whole point of vertical lighting is to get your plant numbers down at the cost of more kw/sq ft. Just get some hoods and run horizontal lights.

C

Casual

Hi backwardz... good point, I didn't mention that detail in my original post.
I'll be running 6" aircooled hoods, with the air being pulled through a carbon filter, through the hoods, and then out of the house. These lights will be mounted horizontal in the hoods. There's no way I could run open verts in this room without adding another AC unit. the 'O' was just easier to put in the diagram that a square.

Caz

J

Jalisco Kid

Did that condensor unit in the attic blow up on you this summer? JK

E

Element4NorCal

I would go with your bottom set up

X
X

X
X

Because if you did the other set up you lose a row for one and the middle row will get larger since it receives more light from all angles.

With the four rows and 2 lights you get more plants and some of the light coming off each light will carry over to the other rows not directly under them.

Jay frost

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

4 plants per 1k is perfect
You can get some really nice yields from that.
BG

Top Bottom