Need Advice On Top Dressing During Veg

• Thread starter dghboy212
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dghboy212

dghboy212

Hey All,

Im doing my first soil grow. I just transplanted my babies into 5 gallon fabric pots of Ocean Forest/ Happy Frog. In about 2-3 weeks ill have to top dress.

Im growing Photoperiods, not autos. I plan on only top dressing for Veg once and then flipping into flower once the food starts to dwindle. I decided I want to go with Down to Earth organic fert.
I'm currently stuck between getting the Bio-Fish 7-7-2, Citrus mix 6-3-3, or Bio-Live 5-4-2. Is 7-7-2 too much? is the Citrus mix only for citrus plants?

I'm rather new to growing, any advice is appreciated.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Personally I would use the Fish but any of them will be fine Im sure. I also would pick up some gypsum so you can top dress and not worry about calcium.

dghboy212

dghboy212

The Bio-Fish says it has 7% calcium, is that super low? would it effect the amount of Gypsum i add?

Homesteader

Homesteader

You may be fine with just using that 7%but a cup of gypsum wouldn't hurt. No more than that though

Homesteader

Homesteader

any suggestions on magnesium?
Probably just keep epsom salt on hand in case you start to see a deficiency. You may have plenty of mag in your soil I believe but a epsom salt watering every month would be fine.

stickyfingers1

stickyfingers1

I pepper some worm castings with a bat guano mid way veg then mid way flower. I replace the bat guano with a higher suitable PK guano / low to nil nitrogen. Carful that stuff will burn. the stuff I get only requires a tbl spoon per 6 or 7 foot plant.

I caught myself burning plants in full on flower LOL. I was super lucky I caught it in time to flush. That could of went disastrous quickly.

Just as important, a silica boost. reserves can run low later on in the grow if your in soil. Its often over looked and the benefits of using a supplement weigh highly. plants ward of diseases like mold and pest critters that like dining on your plants. they do better job of it when they are aren't deprived of a silica source.

for mineral supplements I like botanicares stuff. at least thats what I grew used to and plants like it. cal-mag or calmax (whichever therir name brand is).

Initially when I amend soil I add crushed dolomite lime. it helps keep PH in check (neutral 6.5 7ish) as do the worm castings.

Its all good shit you can say.

Last edited:
growsince79

growsince79

Hey All,

Im doing my first soil grow. I just transplanted my babies into 5 gallon fabric pots of Ocean Forest/ Happy Frog. In about 2-3 weeks ill have to top dress.

Im growing Photoperiods, not autos. I plan on only top dressing for Veg once and then flipping into flower once the food starts to dwindle. I decided I want to go with Down to Earth organic fert.
I'm currently stuck between getting the Bio-Fish 7-7-2, Citrus mix 6-3-3, or Bio-Live 5-4-2. Is 7-7-2 too much? is the Citrus mix only for citrus plants?

I'm rather new to growing, any advice is appreciated.
If I had to pick one- i pick 6-3-3. If it were me growing, and I wanted to use dry amendments, I would use happy frog tomato and veg 5-7-3. If I wanted to give them extra N, I'd use diluted piss-1 cup per gallon water or ewc.

BRUUPLIFE420

BRUUPLIFE420

I wanna give you props on the organic (no till) garden . You should really look into the gaia green products. 4-4-4 all purpose, 4-8-2 bloom,and2-0-0 worm castings all you need for the whole grow are three things.

20210513 170427
20210513 170435
20210513 170431
FirstTimer1

FirstTimer1

man I really want some of that 2-8-4 bloom but its so damn expensive. Wish someone had a bag that would be willing to sell me a pound or two out of!

Latest posts

Top Bottom