Need advice on window a/c units and preventing light leakage

• Thread starter PBUDS
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

PBUDS

Hi. I have a indoor grow room that is starting to get too hot with the recent addition of a dehumidifier. I have a window a/c right now, but it's not very good and it doesn't block the light from escaping the room. If I don't cover it, light shines out the back of the a/c unit box where it vents. If I do cover it, it blocks most of the cold air from cooling the room. I

I am planning on buying a more powerful a/c, but before I do, I have some concerns:

I was wondering if anyone out there has any suggestions on finding a a/c with at least 8000 or more BTUs, timer controls, but most importantly, blocks light from shining out through the a/c and into the yard.

Thanks in advance.

Dynamite

Dynamite

I've used LG and Fridgeaire window A/C's and never had a light issue

around the A/C unit , but not through it -your problem sounds odd

maybe it's some ching-chong no name cheapy unit ?

the front and the back of a window mount A/C by design should be 100% sealed from one another , only if you open the "vent" should it allow a pass thru of any sort

that's how growers use window shakers with no smell pumping outside - front and the back are 100% sealed from one another

if your handy with tools , sounds like you might need to have a look inside it - obviously don't mess with the refrigeration lines

good luck

Nobodynobody

Nobodynobody

Use metal stick tape for HVAC. other wise i say split units/watercool.

S

sheldonsmith

Yes, that's normal. It's not a fully open or closed switch. It, its tragic, is a semiconductor - so when it's off it's a large resistance, not an infinite resistance.Then i contact Heating Service Cypress and they resolve my problem in a better way.

Top Bottom