Need advice on yellowing leaves during flower

• Thread starter SoloFarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SoloFarmer

SoloFarmer

Hi, so I’m currently half way through flower (entering week 5) and feel like something may be wrong. I know plants yellow towards the end of their life but this seems early from what I’ve experienced in the past, am I worrying about nothing or do I need to fix asap. Any expert advice will be much appreciated

Need advice on yellowing leaves during flower
Need advice on yellowing leaves during flower 2
Need advice on yellowing leaves during flower 3
Need advice on yellowing leaves during flower 4
Need advice on yellowing leaves during flower 5
Need advice on yellowing leaves during flower 6
ACSippi

ACSippi

Yeah, plants not healthy, your spidy senses are on point!

Can you check your roots? To me you got some lockout. We're going to need more details to figure this one out.

Medium? ph? Nute brand? Water type?

SoloFarmer

SoloFarmer

Dammit not the news I wanted 😂.

What do you mean by check roots?

Growing in soil
PH around 6.5
BAC nutes - veg for veg. Bloom and PK boost in flower
Unfiltered water

Last edited:
ACSippi

ACSippi

Just in case your roots are unhealthy, most likely not.

I'm not a soil grower but you might want to knock the PH down. I'll let the dirt guys handle this one.

The good news is all is not lost. They'll get this sorted out for ya.

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

on some photo they looks more whitish than yellow.

ph is fine for soil. could be a nutrient lockout even if less likely to happen in soil, only way to verify this is to check your run off ec or ppm

(deficiencies and nutrient lockout can result in the same symptoms while being the opposite)

SoloFarmer

SoloFarmer

I think that may just be a lighting issue for the camera as they don’t appear white to me. Would it be worth trying to flush the soil through for a couple days then get back to nutes?
I grow in fabric pots that are raised from the ground so water always has somewhere to run off

ACSippi

ACSippi

Anyone know about that Nute line? Not saying anything negative about that brand but not all are created equil.

SoloFarmer

SoloFarmer

I don’t personally think it’s a issue with the nute brand as I’ve used it over a few years over many grows and have always gotten good results (or good for me anyway)
Was a recommended brand from a friend who used to grow

That’s the official website

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

how have you been feeding nutes until now, every watering, one out of two, full dose , half dose ?

yellowing from bottom to top is usually a sign of nitrogen deficiency but as i said nutrient lockout can result in the same symptom.

so more details about how you've been feeding them gonna help diagnose.

SoloFarmer

SoloFarmer

I usually do just under the recommended dose per litre on every other water -
20ml of nute per 10L of water
10ml of PK boost per 10L

Z

Zill

Solo,

How much time to harvest? Forget amending the soil or fiddling with pH. A foliar will get some nutrients right where you need it. But, at this point in the life cycle doubt the plants will respond.

MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

Hi, so I’m currently half way through flower (entering week 5) and feel like something may be wrong. I know plants yellow towards the end of their life but this seems early from what I’ve experienced in the past, am I worrying about nothing or do I need to fix asap. Any expert advice will be much appreciated
I suspect you have accidentally given a bit too much of something and thats building up causing too high EC burns and lockout
You should measure runoff EC and PH to get a better understanding of whats going on in your pot

SoloFarmer

SoloFarmer

4.5/5 weeks till harvest if I follow the calendar and past growths of this particular strain.
My main concern is all the leaves dying off before it’s finished it’s flower cycle as everything else growth wise seems to be on track, I’ve just never had yellowing this early into flower

SoloFarmer

SoloFarmer

I suspect you have accidentally given a bit too much of something and thats building up causing too high EC burns and lockout
Would a flush do any benefit at this point? Or should I just hold off on nutes and give just fresh water for a couple of waters?
Any help is greatly appreciated

Z

Zill

One month. Foliar feed. Don’t forget lots of members do an almost 100% defoliation as they approach harvest. Never understood that practice.

MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

Would a flush do any benefit at this point? Or should I just hold off on nutes and give just fresh water for a couple of waters?
Any help is greatly appreciated
I think holding off will be the right thing to do and getting a hold of the nutrient concentration in your pot
If you got an EC meter check the runoff really helps me out

Z

Zill

Flushing is another urban legend. Does nothing but help the grower get a good nights sleep.

Top Bottom