Need advice, purple stems, yellowing/droopy leaves. Searched first!

• Thread starter somedude56
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

somedude56

Like the title says I just got done transplanting and now I'm having a little trouble and would like to get some expert advice, I tried searching but could not find a very clear answer, any advice is greatly appreciated and I'll start from the beginning.

Running- starter cubes transplanted into 4x4x4 rockwool, everyone had a good root systems coming out when transplanted, stems were purple at transplant, running house and gardens entire line with nothing else other than great white, after transplanting they were very droopy for about 3 days and I was afraid I overfed so I flushed everyone out with multiple gallons of water and re-fed with a 440 ppm solution (my water comes out at 220ppm already, so 440 after the nutes were added) with a PH of 5.7-.8 (I am very strict about PH). 3 of them are doing very good but they still have a little bit of yellow edges, tiny bit of droop and purple stems, the others are looking a little worse. As of right now there sitting on the table and I'm not flooding, just watering them as the cubes dry out. I read that purple stems/yellowing can be a sign of nute. toxicity, any experience on this? how often/and what strength do you feed after transplant? Any advice is greatly appreciated, thank you. I want these babys looking green and lush!
thanks

V

VolcanoVapin

The purple stems COULD be a nute thing, but I wouldn't worry about it too much if it's only on some plants and not others, as I have noticed some strains exhibit the purple stem trait much more than others, for whatever reason...

The yellowing and droopy leaves sounds like you might be overwatering though. I'd try to water a bit less often. It's especially easy to overwater rockwool. Rockwool stays wet for a long time and isn't very aerated.

S

somedude56

The way I've been watering so far is to just pick up the cube feel the weight/wetness of it and if it feels like its drying out I take it over the drain and pour solution on it until it drains out of the bottom for a few seconds, what would be the proper way to gauge when its time to water? Also, all of the stems are purple, not just some.

S

Sea Of Green

When I see yellowing drooping leaves I think N first, S second. Because both deficiecies can look similar. And if the purple stems can't be attributed to low temperature, or genetics, then it's probably sulpher deficency.

Epsom salt.

attachment.php

attachment.php

S

somedude56

Wow, that is some great info, thanks a bunch, as far as the epsom salts how should I apply it, 1 teaspoon for a couple gallons? thanks

S

somedude56

Judging from the info posted it is sulfur or N deff., if I were to add epsom salts with it being a N deff. instead of sulfur would it cause things to go haywire/damage them? I do believe it maybe sulfur due to a few lower leaves about to die off that are very yellow with a downward curve/hook appearance and some of the newer leaves being kind of limey. Thanks for the input.

V

VolcanoVapin

I think it's really unlikely that it would be the sulfur...

S

somedude56

Just got home and got to doing a little more research, this seems to be spot on an N deff., it fits the bill completely now that I got a chance to check things out a little closer, older leaves yellow, older leaves go entirely yellow, more and more go yellow and young leaves develop interveinal chlorosis, reddish/purple stems now spreading up the veins. Like i said I'm using aqua A and B so what im going to do is mix a 1/4-1/2 strength solution and foliar them. Any other advice on this would be greatly appreciated, do I need to bump my ppm's up with my next feed? thanks a bunch

S

somedude56

forgot to add, the NPK for these nutes is .3-0-.3 for A and .1-.3-.6 for B

S

somedude56

Just got done checking some run-off and it was WAYYY to high, 6.9 ph which I'm guessing is causing a lockout because this seems to be progressing rather quickly, when I transplanted I soaked the 4x4s for multiple hours in a 5.6ph light solutions, I'm guessing my only option right about now is to start filling jugs and flush the shit out of them? Please gimme some help here guys, things are happenin fast.

altimood

altimood

Pictures are worth a thousand words. You are experiencing nutrient lockout. The question is why. Snap some photos and post em' up. :winking0067:I gotta think your nutrient ppm should be at least running at 400-500. You may need to consider supplementing your nutrient solution with Cal-Mag, too. Stay at 5.8 for a day and you'll be fine.

S

somedude56

I was stupid and of short cutted (apparently) on the pre soaking, I soaked the cubes for about 2-3 hours in a 5.6 sol. and I guess that just wasn't enough, just got done checking the run off of all of them and it was sky high, what are my options here? Right now im about to go down there and flush the holy hell out of all of them and its probably going to take up my entire night but fuck it, does anyone know of any other options or is running buckets of ph'd water through it all night my only choice? Another question being will it spike again, and why would it? Next time I'm going with an overnight soak/flush/soak and then transplant. One more thing, so I should soak the shit out of them and then when as I finish with each one hit it with around a 500ppm sol.(my water comes out at 220ppm already so I have to compensate) thanks guys.

altimood

altimood

I've soaked cubes for thirty minutes and been fine. They're probably in shock a bit. What's the lighting? Flourescent? HID? Are you checking your ph after you add nut's to the water s-dude? What r u doing over there bro? Yur getting me all in a panic now.:sweating

S

somedude56

I check my ph all through mixing the batch, especially after I've added everything and after I let it sit for a good 15-20 minutes. 8bulb t-5, they've been getting a little hot at night lately 83-86 but I don't see that causing this.

Top Bottom