NEED ANSWERS ASAP AUTOPILOT ANALOG ENVIRONMENTAL CONTROLLER

• Thread starter Varsityredz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Varsityredz

Varsityredz

Just wondering if I made the right purchase, is the autopilot analog environmental controller good to use with c02 generator can I input my ppm levels? I have a 4 burner c02 generator with hose and regulator , just want to know more about this. Got some picture here with what I have and some knowledge. Couldn’t find that much out about this thing here

Need answers asap autopilot analog environmental controller
Need answers asap autopilot analog environmental controller 2
Dbear180

Dbear180

Dude it's literally highlighted that it does not monitor or regulate c02...🤔...🧐 the outlet is on a photocell & that's it. This controller would work with those regulators you mount on a bottle & plug in & it would turn the regulator off @ night, but right now you still need a separate controller.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What type of regulator do you use with your autopilot?
It's just a Milwaukee. Single stage regulator. You don't need anything fancy or dual stage since the controller shuts the flow off at the desired ppm and you don't have to worry about end of tank dump. Hell I don't even have a flowmeter on mine just an old bubble counter that's empty. I would adjust flow to bring ppm up to levels over about 5min. Doing it slower like this allows the sensor to accurately stop the flow with less overshoot.

I would only make sure you have a dual gauge regulator so you can see when the tank is close to being empty. With a single gauge you only see the output pressure. I use 15-20 lbs on output some will be preset this is fine also if you want to save money since most don't install backflow check valves for our use so there is no set pressure to overcome

SwoleGrow

SwoleGrow

It's just a Milwaukee. Single stage regulator. You don't need anything fancy or dual stage since the controller shuts the flow off at the desired ppm and you don't have to worry about end of tank dump. Hell I don't even have a flowmeter on mine just an old bubble counter that's empty. I would adjust flow to bring ppm up to levels over about 5min. Doing it slower like this allows the sensor to accurately stop the flow with less overshoot.

I would only make sure you have a dual gauge regulator so you can see when the tank is close to being empty. With a single gauge you only see the output pressure. I use 15-20 lbs on output some will be preset this is fine also if you want to save money since most don't install backflow check valves for our use so there is no set pressure to overcome
Thank you sir

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
The autopilot 8200 is cheaper and can set the ppm value and deadband. I had a preset ppm controller before and hated it. If anyone wants it for free I still have it. It's preset to 1500ppm.

Right I thought someone had one of those PPM-4 units they said they were giving away.. Those are junk for sure.

I got my Atlas 2 for free otherwise I probably wouldn't have bought it.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Right I thought someone had one of those PPM-4 units they said they were giving away.. Those are junk for sure.

I got my Atlas 2 for free otherwise I probably wouldn't have bought it.
Yup that's the one I hate... Still have it for free if anyone wants 😁

Top Bottom