Need Co2 Propane Burner help.

• Thread starter Bubblehaze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

I have a gen-1 propane co2 burner. I bought it used and it came with no paperwork. I could use a little help on the proper positioning. I had if fired up it has no leaks. I read on the net to at least keep it 18 inches from all flammable surfaces but thats all the help I found. I have a 12x12 sealed room with 6k in it there all in XXL shields so my space is limited. I have a 24,000 Btu ductless a/c in there as well should be enough to keep it cool. Where should I put it ? Can I hang it low ? This is 2 of 6 up I am working on the rest of the ventilation still.

DSCN06782.JPG

tortuga1503

tortuga1503

Sorry never used one but your room is gonna rock. Looks good. I`m running close to the same set up but only burning 3200 watts.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I have put them on cinder blocks on the floor when there wasnt anyplace to hang them

put a floor standing oscillating fan behind (and higher then the generator) it to help disperse the co2

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

I have put them on cinder blocks on the floor when there wasnt anyplace to hang them

put a floor standing oscillating fan behind (and higher then the generator) it to help disperse the co2

Thanks Motherlode thats what I was considering. Hanging it is gonna be tricky and restrict air flow because of my ventilation. I have some cinder blocks I will try that. The flame thing has me nervous but I can secure it down.

W

weedfarm

You should really try and hang it bro, Co2 is heavier then air and sinks to the floor.
If the room is tightly sealed the unit will turn off/on several times a day and only for a few seconds, maybe 30. Thats my 2 cents. Good luck and your space looks great bro!!

yup, try to hang it.

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

I decided to hang it low it will solve both my problems. I have a 10 inch can fan max on my scrubber and a 16 in wall mount fan. I am hoping no matter where I put it co2 is gonna be swirling around enough to spread the co2

Thanks guys

D

dedust

looks good bubblehaze!

i'll be running a similar set up as yours and was wondering if you had any hiccups or advice that may help me. also, you have any more pics of your set up? very cool indeed...

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

looks good bubblehaze!

i'll be running a similar set up as yours and was wondering if you had any hiccups or advice that may help me. also, you have any more pics of your set up? very cool indeed...

Here is a few pics more are in my diary .
I will gladly help you in any way I can. I had to redo a few things more than once. But at least its done now

DSCN0781.JPG

DSCN0742.JPG

DSCN0741.JPG

D

dedust

Thanks BH!

Those pics looks amazing. Gonna check out your diary...

homebrew420

homebrew420

looking good. Just an fyi, it does not matter where you put it. as long as you are moving the air adequately there won't be any issues.

Peace

CheechWizard

CheechWizard

Sounds like you got some good advice and things are coming along nicely. The one thing I wanted to chime in about is that if you got a used co2 burner. There is no way you know the last time it was cleaned. They should probably get cleaned between every run.

To clean it your going to need a special tool from a welding store called a tip cleaner. It's a kit with a bunch of thin rods, the smallest size is what your going to use. be gentle, don't force the rod in the nozzle. clean out each nozzle one at a time. carbon and crud can get built up in the nozzles and your flame will burn blue and yellow.
slg-0943_LRG.jpg

Just my 2 cents

Peace! :rasta2: -CW

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

Sounds like you got some good advice and things are coming along nicely. The one thing I wanted to chime in about is that if you got a used co2 burner. There is no way you know the last time it was cleaned. They should probably get cleaned between every run.

To clean it your going to need a special tool from a welding store called a tip cleaner. It's a kit with a bunch of thin rods, the smallest size is what your going to use. be gentle, don't force the rod in the nozzle. clean out each nozzle one at a time. carbon and crud can get built up in the nozzles and your flame will burn blue and yellow.
slg-0943_LRG.jpg

Just my 2 cents

Peace! :rasta2: -CW

Thanks man I didn't know that I will definitely clean it. I am considering getting another regulator I have 2 tanks gonna run out a tank of the propane first. Glad I know to clean it now although its used it looks really clean but I will still clean it/ I don't need anymore problems than I already have.

Top Bottom