Need direction on Odor Control

• Thread starter SRHninja
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SRHninja

I got a hydrofarm 6 inch vortex 400cfm running a drip system sog style 24 plants... What Carbon filter is going to totally eliminate odor? im sure their are terrible ones and ones that are well known to work i'm unfamiliar and would like guidance....

making this grow odorless as possible is one of my main concerns so send me in a direction..

S

SRHninja

hell yeah how well does this work? i mean totally no smell? even with me in their shaking the buds stirring up that funk lol

sky high

sky high

Properly sized fan/filter combos work incredibly well, IMO. Shake that funk all you want... the smell won't come through...

not a fan of ozone here. Seems like an added component to the atmosphere we just don't need to me....and with cleaner/safer options for the environment I see no need to use such a device. To each their own....

good luck SRHninja....

s h

S

SRHninja

thats what i like to hear! haha went to the phresh filter link, i cant figure out how to order had to email the corporate office... lol funny when they make it hard for me to spend 161 dollars... hahaha maybe ill get free shipping...

sky high

sky high

You might check the Sunlight Supply web page for dealers.

You'll find a lot of Can Filters out there...and they are great filters..don't get me wrong... but they WEIGH A TON....and sometimes that doesn't jive when ya wanna mount em up high/etc.

good call bro. Odor control will keep you stealth and is some of the wisest $$$ spent, IMO.

s h

Illmind

Illmind

Grow a stinky ass legal plant, I've heard people doing that outside. And inside..

K

KING_KONG_KOLAS

Where can you buy carbon to reload the filters?
Or is this recommended?
My $200+ filters are only working 1yr at best befor I have
buy a new one.. What can I do try n save money??

sky high

sky high

yo bro.

When I owned a hydro store i used to get large bags (25 lbs, I beleive) of Can filter refill charcoal wholesale and would refill filters here/there...mostly for grower friends.

Here's a source.... not sure what i paid for the stuff.... but I bought a big bag before I closed up shop and just used the last of it a few months ago....filling 3-4 filters with the one bag.

Can filter charcoal looks like black rabbit food pellets. Phat/Phresh/any filter uses Australian RC-47 or whateverspec/name they call it carbon that is irregular/angular/smaller peices....thus their filters weight less and IMO, filter as well or better.

if you have a good hydro shop/guy you might ask him if he can do ya a deal..or if he refills em. Some of the manufacturers tell stories about how you can't repack e as good as they do and how they 'vibrate the charcoal" and fill all the gaps...leaving no airspaces/blahblahblah... but if you do this once you'll see that they probably whack it a few times with a rubber mallet just to SAY they vibrate em...and they you can repack one just as well if you take a bit of time and make sure it's truly full.

Another thought is to check yer fan speed. Too fast..yer gonna shorten the life of the filter and lessen the chances that all the stink is removed. A year is too fast, IMO. Should last you a couple unless you live in a very dirty area or a super humid place.... and even then I think it should last more than a year.

good luck

s h

W

wbkswan

Thank god for your question.. I just recently bought a 6" x 24" 55CFM Phresh Carbon Filter and i was wondering if my neighbors would be able to smell my grow room because im in an apartment and my exhaust end is put thru the roof! My room dimensions are 10.2 x 9.2 x 8 FT. pretty nice space for a 12 plant operation.. Anyone care to see the pic of the grow room I JUST finished last night? Let me know!

S

seabass212

That was one of my main concern when i started up due to my location and the GOLDEN RULE is: what ever fan and filter you think is sufficient GO BIGGER. instead of a 6 inch fan get an 8 incher and up your filter from a 75 to a 100 canfan. The phresh and phat filters are 1/2 the weight of the can so if your gonna hang go that route. Good luck

Latest posts

Top Bottom