Need expert advice please on environment control.

• Thread starter SHAKELLY
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SHAKELLY

Hi first time grower but read lots before starting and bought equipment needed etc but just got a few questions on getting dialed in.

Room is 8 by 4 feet in my loft so has a pitched roof. Built with shower cladding white side facing inwards towards plants.

Viparspectra xs2500 lights, ac infinity 8 inch fan and 8 inch carboair filter running off controller 67, humidifier, 12 pint dehumidifier and an air con unit all running off inkbirds.

Seedling to veg I'm able to control the climate perfectly, keeping it nice and warm between 25 and 28c and humidity i can control between 60 and 75% no problem.

Now in flower with the dehumidifier i can get my humidity down to approx 45% consistently but it's adding a lot of heat, near enough 29c. I ramped up the 8 inch exhaust fan for the heat but where i live by the sea humidity is naturally high so keep pulling in humidity, dehumidifier deals with it but again the heat.

Tried the air con unit and of course temps come down and I can even get humidity down more but it cools the room quickly even on dry mode which is great. But once air con goes off the heat from the dehumidifier and cooler air quickly brings back the humidity, if air con stays on on its own i have the same problem. I've tried allowing humidity to slightly go up and changed differentials on the inkbird etc hoping dehumidifier will be on less and sort the heat problem out and different temps on air con but can't seem to keep it stable.

With dehumidifier on only i can achieve 45% humidity but high temps.. With air con on also humidity lowers to about 40% humidity but can go up in minutes to 63% humidity before things kick back in.

Hoping as long as humidity is down the flowers will deal with high temps although not ideal.

Oh and forgot to add 8 do have good air flow with 2 tower fans in the corners so hoping they'll help also.

Any advice would be appreciated especially people living in naturally humid environments.

2Bad

2Bad

Hi first time grower but read lots before starting and bought equipment needed etc but just got a few questions on getting dialed in.

Room is 8 by 4 feet in my loft so has a pitched roof. Built with shower cladding white side facing inwards towards plants.

Viparspectra xs2500 lights, ac infinity 8 inch fan and 8 inch carboair filter running off controller 67, humidifier, 12 pint dehumidifier and an air con unit all running off inkbirds.

Seedling to veg I'm able to control the climate perfectly, keeping it nice and warm between 25 and 28c and humidity i can control between 60 and 75% no problem.

Now in flower with the dehumidifier i can get my humidity down to approx 45% consistently but it's adding a lot of heat, near enough 29c. I ramped up the 8 inch exhaust fan for the heat but where i live by the sea humidity is naturally high so keep pulling in humidity, dehumidifier deals with it but again the heat.

Tried the air con unit and of course temps come down and I can even get humidity down more but it cools the room quickly even on dry mode which is great. But once air con goes off the heat from the dehumidifier and cooler air quickly brings back the humidity, if air con stays on on its own i have the same problem. I've tried allowing humidity to slightly go up and changed differentials on the inkbird etc hoping dehumidifier will be on less and sort the heat problem out and different temps on air con but can't seem to keep it stable.

With dehumidifier on only i can achieve 45% humidity but high temps.. With air con on also humidity lowers to about 40% humidity but can go up in minutes to 63% humidity before things kick back in.

Hoping as long as humidity is down the flowers will deal with high temps although not ideal.

Oh and forgot to add 8 do have good air flow with 2 tower fans in the corners so hoping they'll help also.

Any advice would be appreciated especially people living in naturally humid environments.
They can deal with high temps up to in the 90F's at LEAST lol cus it happened to me this summer. But humidity you can get away with at minimum 55% humidity in flower as long as you have really good airflow.

S

SHAKELLY

They can deal with high temps up to in the 90F's at LEAST lol cus it happened to me this summer. But humidity you can get away with at minimum 55% humidity in flower as long as you have really good airflow.
Thanks for the answer. Just wanted temps slightly lower in flower or at least slightly cooler at night. Seems at night the heat i lose from lights off, is added by dehumidifier on constantly as plants sweat. Not sure 30c is good night time temps but as mentioned I'm only new and open to suggestions.

freezeland2

freezeland2

I see you have a Inkbird for humidity. Do you have one for temp control?

PK1

PK1

Supporter
have you tried just running a fan to blow around. I find that when light is off, i don't need the dehumidfyer. I just turn the fans on and the humidity stays at around 50% with temps around 80f

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

If you want to smooth out the temperature shifts, adjust your parameters. Don't allow the heat to climb so high before cooling clicks on. I use a different brand temperature controller so someone else will have to help change set points. I realize there will be a lot of toggling between units but without pictures its hard to know for sure. Are you able to use a lung room?

S

SHAKELLY

If you want to smooth out the temperature shifts, adjust your parameters. Don't allow the heat to climb so high before cooling clicks on. I use a different brand temperature controller so someone else will have to help change set points. I realize there will be a lot of toggling between units but without pictures its hard to know for sure. Are you able to use a lung room?
Yes i have a lung room but that stays humid as it's in the loft and I'm in a humid environment. I've got it sealed up except still need to sort the loft hatch.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Yes i have a lung room but that stays humid as it's in the loft and I'm in a humid environment. I've got it sealed up except still need to sort the loft hatch.
Pictures? This one will be a bit of a challenge possibly. First thing that pops to mind is a mini split unit but that's not a plug and play option everyone is necessarily willing to pursue.

S

SHAKELLY

Pictures? This one will be a bit of a challenge possibly. First thing that pops to mind is a mini split unit but that's not a plug and play option everyone is necessarily willing to pursue.
Will need to look into these as don't know much about them. Are they a permanent fixture as i rent my property you see?

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Will need to look into these as don't know much about them. Are they a permanent fixture as i rent my property you see?
Yes, it works on heat pump technology. They are great if you can afford them. But this is a home owner type purchase and not something you'd do on rented property ... at least not very likely you would. Here's an idea. Typically a contractor would make the connection between the inside and outside unit. I'm posting the link of a "DIY" kit so you can get an idea of what I'm talking about.

freezeland2

freezeland2

Yes, it works on heat pump technology. They are great if you can afford them. But this is a home owner type purchase and not something you'd do on rented property ... at least not very likely you would. Here's an idea. Typically a contractor would make the connection between the inside and outside unit. I'm posting the link of a "DIY" kit so you can get an idea of what I'm talking about.

Looks like a nice unit. Also a 10amp load. I wonder how efficient it is at heating a room in the winter. Supplemental heat would probably pop the breaker if lights and fans are on same circuit. That would be my concern in my circumstance. No way to add another circuit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom