Need Growing Tips!

• Thread starter esmokey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

esmokey

I'm starting to grow ganja, but I'm completely lost. My first concern is the soil, which soil should I start with. I'm looking to growing organically, what is the best way to mix the soil from the beginning with the minerals, and fertilizers? What lights should I use? All this is for no more than 8 plants. Finally can someone give me a complete list of fertilizers. Highly appreciated.

S

Stan Halen

Hey hey, no one has responded so I decided to do it,
I am just getting a hang of it and its lookin real good.

But I would say just get Fox Farm Ocean Forest, and get the Fox Farm Nute pack Tiger Bloom, Grow Big, Big Bloom and I have heard that it is really good to use Cha Ching, open sesame, and Beastie Bloomz, and for 8 plants you could do a 600watt system, Metal Hailed bulb for veging and High Pressure sodium bulb for blooming.
Fox Farms is real easy to use and is well worth it.
just don't use to much and the dirt will last you 3 weeks with out having to use fertilizer.

Melvan

Melvan

I say you're not ready to grow yet. You need to do a lot more reading and learning if you don't even know how to pick the proper soil yet.

That wasn't meant to be a bitchy comment, just a fact. All you're going to end up doing is wasting a lot of time and money and get little or no pot. Google Clarke's Marijuana Botany, download the free text, and read it. Go to every forum you can find and read, don't post, just read the grow logs of the experienced growers.

You are not ready to grow, but you are ready to learn, and that's the most important step.

Good luck

M

mellokitty

^ what melvan said.

it also depends how serious you are / how much time and energy you're willing to commit. (although i guess if you're planning on organic you're pretty damn committed, right?) (<--you should be.)
greg green's grow bible, IMO, is much more comprehensive than jorge cervantes' (<--a brilliant writer with loads of good information, he just has this pesky habit of contradicting himself a few chapters over which i find most aggravating. not to mention he needs a new publisher. the last 3 editions were rife with typos and missing half-sentences)
one of cervantes' books you might want to get a hold of is 'marijuana indoors: 5 easy gardens'. if the guidebooks cover theory (from my experience with novice growers, this can result in a "so now what?"-type of quandary), this is 5 case studies of what actually works, including one from the original breeder of the strain 'romulan'.

just one more thing: you want to do good research on the nute system you end up using, think it through really well and make sure it's going to work for YOU specifically. i mention this because i've heard seriously mixed reviews about fox farm: it's like the brussels sprouts of nutes: the people who like it LOVE it, and the people who hate it want to firebomb the factory it comes from.

W

weedfarm

i am hydro 100% indoors.

But I did try outdoors and used some 1$ soil and 1$ manure, cheapest stuff you could get from home depot. Then used maxi grow every couple weeks and those plants took off. But they got ripped before I could harvest

Dont know much about organics. But if possible i would try to use a soil w/o much in it and feed regularly

Lights would depend on your space and budget

hiboy

hiboy

Hey yall, lets not discourage.
I will go a different route than the others. Definitely read read read, but meanwhile it wont cost much to grab some dirt listed above, buy some cheap lights, (cfl) and stare at the "ganja" grow. Might give ya some great motivation, or it might break you and you wont wanna do it. Either way you'll learn something about yourself. You probably wont get anything thats qualilty smoke, but hey you did it (or not) and you tried.
good luck
hiboy

M

mellokitty

oops. sorry if i came across as discouraging. didn't mean to.
i guess what i meant is this: if you're looking to start an actual indoor set-up that you intend to maintain over time, the more research you do before you start actually buying stuff, the less prone you are to wasting time and $. it's good to have a space picked out before you start reading, it'll lead you to your viable options faster.

..... but then one of my favourite quotes is that "it *wants to grow. we just *help it."
my first 'grow' (if you can even call it that) was a bunch of bag-seeds that we planted in pots and chucked on the patio for the summer. i don't think they ever got fertilised, but they still yielded a few ounces of hayish product that tasted like shit and did the job. it was after that i got inspired to learn more and get better.

E.C.U.G

E.C.U.G

Breeder
esmokey welcome to the farm!

Hey bro,
By all means dont be discourged. peeps forget they had to start somewhere to.
The best advice i can give is start small,and dont run a bunch of different strains to start.pick one,and fine tune it till you have it dialed in ,and produceing the way that suits you.then you can expand out a lil.

There are plenty of organic recipes on this site in the organic section if thats how you want to grow,and everyone here you will find is very helpfull.

If i can help you out in any way dont hesitate to ask.One last thing just jump in,and do it,and have fun learning as you go.

KMK

Top Bottom