Need harvesting help please!!!!1

• Thread starter Polski810
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Polski810

So i am in debate about harvesting right now. I threw into flower some diesel, big bang, safari seed, and some purple wreck. I didnt clone from any of them like a noob because i was so interested in seeing them flower..... First mistake. Next i dont quite remeber how long they have been in flowering but some plants look done while other struggle to form nice buds... does this mean that it was a bad seed? also some of them were thrown into pots in 2's ( meaning 2 seeds in one pot) i was told that 1 of the plants would not get a sufficient amount of nutrients and im wondering if that could be the problem, also before my room wasnt set up the best and some of the veg light was hitting thr flowering ones here and there some nights.... how bad does that shock the plants? and/or throw off the photo period? Im pretty well organized now! before i was thinking i just wanna get some medical shit haha, but now i ordered some new seeds and finally about to clone my face off and set up shop for good. please let me know why some plants are not budding to their full potential and i mean barely anything to smoke on some.... Also if i should pick these 2 plants that have been flowering for about 2 months and have some red hairs but more THIICH white hairs? or will they eventually turn orange? and how bad is it to flower past 2 months? Thanks all for reading this huge thread, hope to fill in the blanks so i know more. GL all you fellow rebels! viva la maryjane, oh asd thanks all for submitting to my last thread.

S

saltr

Pictures would definitely help. I'd recommend a 30-60x microscope to check out the color of the trichomes; that's a much better indicator than following pistil color. You are also running a number of different strains that probably finish at different times, using the microscope will help you approximate finishing time.

As concerns the light leaking, this certainly disrupts the plant's photo-period. It's my understanding that a flowering plant requires 12 hours of uninterrupted darkness; thus, if there is a light leak--even for a hot second--the plant is essentially woken up, the previous time in darkness is essentially useless, and 12 hours of darkness would need to then be applied to maintain the necessary photo-period for flowering. So if your plants did experience instances of 'incomplete sleep,' that would certainly account for the little bud production. Yet, i'm not exactly sure why this would only affect some plants, unless only the affected plants are the ones that would be exposed to the light leak.

Regarding the 2 seeds per pot, while i haven't heard of this in the canna world, i know it's often used in other agricultural applications. I have always used only one seed per plant site. Yet, if you want to double-up, my guess would be to cull the weakest (or male) of the two during pre-flowering (veg) and then wait a couple of days to allow the alpha plant to get over her lost companion (and to fill out the pot) before flipping to 12/12.

B

Backward_Z

As concerns the light leaking, this certainly disrupts the plant's photo-period. It's my understanding that a flowering plant requires 12 hours of uninterrupted darkness; thus, if there is a light leak--even for a hot second--the plant is essentially woken up, the previous time in darkness is essentially useless, and 12 hours of darkness would need to then be applied to maintain the necessary photo-period for flowering. So if your plants did experience instances of 'incomplete sleep,' that would certainly account for the little bud production. Yet, i'm not exactly sure why this would only affect some plants, unless only the affected plants are the ones that would be exposed to the light leak.

I don't buy this. I've worked with flashlights many times during flowering and it doesn't seem to bother the plants at all. Once they've been flowering for a week or more, it's really hard to get 'em to reveg unless you really have 18 hours + on them for several days in a row (accidentally leave a door open or leave a work light on and leave for several days). A couple of hours here and there shouldn't bother them if they're well into flowering.

B

bluetooth

heres a pic of when to harvest.u need to get a good scope to see the thc glands to c if shes ready.ive had plants go 13 weeks+ so it still good
just remember dont harvest to early.
good luck and let us know how it smokes

When to harvest 1 1
S

saltr

Thank you for that chart bluetooth!

I don't buy this. I've worked with flashlights many times during flowering and it doesn't seem to bother the plants at all...

I've never experienced such a situation. I'm simply coming from the fundamental viewpoint of the 12-hour uninterrupted rule-of-thumb. What concerned me most is that it sounded like these light leaks were occurring during the beginning of the grow. If that's the case, it seems quite possible that the light leak inhibited the plant from going into bloom, thus causing the small bud formation. What i'm now interested in is whether those small buds look as mature as the unaffected ones, or if they are still developing.

By the way, i have always been simply offering advice, not trying to 'sell' anyone on anything; no need to 'buy' what i'm saying. :damnhippie:

P

Polski810

Hey guys THANKS SO MUCH for all the info! I love this site cause fellow farmers are so friendly. That picture helps alot bluetooth, appreciate it, and ya now that i finally got my room set up and new seeds on arrival it should be alot smoother grow this time around. I will post some pics later this evening once i can get around to getting in there. So if you guys can check this thread later i would appreciate it, thanks again all and pics will be up in the next 2 hours! and your right salt i did have the light leaks occur during the beginning of the grow and there was a couple times i forgot to the close the barrier curtain that seperates the two rooms but like you all said pics will show better. be back in a bit

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Light leaks are no good. They can also can hurt your yield. It is a fact.
Want a number. Up to 75% less yield. Can also cause hermies.

This can also vary depending on the strain. Some are more resistant to light leaks than others. Sometimes it really jacks em up BAD!

I have experienced in person and read (online). People not caring about small details on there grows. Then combine that with other problems (even small ones) and it can add up.

I want every detail to be correct or else I will not produce the best that I can.

2broke2smoke

2broke2smoke

dude u got issues, maybe u need to move ur light closer to plants. Buy a green light if u want to f with ur plants while they are in dark time. IDK it might be strain related but i never had plants with that much space between nodes especially in a diesel.

2b2s

j wizzle

j wizzle

you have major issues in that room. first, that lamenant foil you have is smooth and that creates hot spots. those plants look fried, either from nutes or heat, maybe both.

never plant 2 plants in the same pot.

all your white hairs will turn orange, twist up and receed into the buds. this is also another indicator your bud is ready

you need good ventilation as well.

it looks like you need to get everything in check, not just your light leaks. small problems add up and turn into really big problems.

what kind of soil are you using? miracle gro?

2broke2smoke

2broke2smoke

imagine ur garden as if it were a motor, when u have an 8 cylinder firing on all 8 u make great power but if ur only firing on 3 cylinders it will have no power at all. ur garden is same way, when 1 thing are not 100% u lose power or yield if 2 things are bad it gets worse and so on.

2b2s

F

farmerjohn

It's a matter of rushing to get to the finish! If that is 2 months of flowering, then as 2broke stated, "YOU GOT ISSUES!"

Not sure how to salvage what you have, but plugging the light leak was mandatory. Best bet is always to not interrupt the dark period. I remain out of the flowering room, no matter what, during dark periods! However, the rule of thumb is no more than the light of a full moon. Don't let any light in the room for longer than 5 minutes, if you absolutely must go in. While it's true the plants don't see green light, I don't even tempt fate that way. I stay out, NO MATTER WHAT! & I check from inside the room with lights off, for even the most minute light leak. Doing this, I found a tiny leak & corrected it the very day I went into 12/12, the last time. Do it every time you switch too! You may have a leak now that you didn't have the last time you switched. That was the case with me.

C

cheyenne

Im not trying to be a dick, really, but you dont need help harvesting you need help growing and fortunately youve got a bunch of really, really smart people here to help.....im not one of them lol. you might want to just throw those away and start over. crack some beans and while they are doing their little thing, get your room a little more dialed in and do some reading around here. right now though it looks like youre spinning your meter for nought.

Latest posts

Top Bottom