Need Help & Advice for Vertical Grow

• Thread starter jdubz206
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jdubz206

hey farmers...next weekend i'm setting up another flower room for a vertical grow...for the time being, i'm just going to be using a single 1000 watt hps in this room...this will be my first v-grow and i need some help...my plan is to veg up 4-6 big bushes and then move them to flower in the v-grow room...i've got some questions and i would really appreciate anyone who takes the time to answer them :smiley_joint: oh and if these are answered somewhere else, a link would be awesome. thanks in advance farmers!

questions:

should i get a cooltube for aircooling? i've seen some people using no aircooling at all...just a light hanging...so what do u guys think? just point a fan @ the light or get a cooltube and cool the light that way?

i've seen people setting up a cage around the plant..could someone please explain to me the benefit of this? i'd also like to know how you setup one of these cages? are there any cons when using a cage? it seems like they definitely bump up the yield but i'm wondering if there are any negatives to using the cages?

how far away do you want the plants to be from the light?

i am planning on rotating the plants everyday to make sure the light distribution is even. from what i've read about v-grows, you want to start flowering with the light hanging down to the middle of the plant..then you move the light up to the canopy 3-4 weeks before harvest...is this correct?

that's all i have for now. thanks again!!!

peace -- j206

D

doubleds

hey farmers...next weekend i'm setting up another flower room for a vertical grow...for the time being, i'm just going to be using a single 1000 watt hps in this room...this will be my first v-grow and i need some help...my plan is to veg up 4-6 big bushes and then move them to flower in the v-grow room...i've got some questions and i would really appreciate anyone who takes the time to answer them :smiley_joint: oh and if these are answered somewhere else, a link would be awesome. thanks in advance farmers!

questions:

should i get a cooltube for aircooling? i've seen some people using no aircooling at all...just a light hanging...so what do u guys think? just point a fan @ the light or get a cooltube and cool the light that way?

way more info needed here bro. What size of room? What is your ventilation if any? Are you using co2? Are you using a/c? These answers will determine your question.

i've seen people setting up a cage around the plant..could someone please explain to me the benefit of this? i'd also like to know how you setup one of these cages? are there any cons when using a cage? it seems like they definitely bump up the yield but i'm wondering if there are any negatives to using the cages?

I use fencing, remember you must be able to get your hands into the cage. Without them your plants will topple over from there weight.

how far away do you want the plants to be from the light?

A foot is optimal, mine get as close as 8 inches

i am planning on rotating the plants everyday to make sure the light distribution is even. from what i've read about v-grows, you want to start flowering with the light hanging down to the middle of the plant..then you move the light up to the canopy 3-4 weeks before harvest...is this correct?

Yes this is correct. Make sure your plants get at least one week of side light in veg, this gets those bottom branches 80% as big as your main trunk.

that's all i have for now. thanks again!!!

peace -- j206

i will help all i can bro, bear with me as i am planting out my system and building another one.

peace

dds

D

doubleds

shit

my answers are buried in the quote, read carefully bro?

J

jdubz206

hey doubleds! thanks so much bro!!! this is very, very helpful. your grows are honestly the reason i decided to give vertical a go...

doubleds said:
way more info needed here bro. What size of room? What is your ventilation if any? Are you using co2? Are you using a/c? These answers will determine your question.

the size of the room is approximately 10' x 20' with 6' ceilings.

for ventilation i'll be using a 500ish cfm fan for exhaust and have about the same for intake..no co2 or a/c at the moment.

thanks again doubleds!!!

another thing i was thinking of doing was buying a light mover and have it run back and forth in a row of plants. just an idea...not sure if\when i'll get around to doing it...

peace! j

T

thefabman

Premium Member
Supporter
So it looks like we need to do some wiring this weekend!!! Let me know and we will be there to lend a hand...

Don't think will need a cool tube with just the one light in that space.

D

doubleds

hey doubleds! thanks so much bro!!! this is very, very helpful. your grows are honestly the reason i decided to give vertical a go...

the size of the room is approximately 10' x 20' with 6' ceilings.

for ventilation i'll be using a 500ish cfm fan for exhaust and have about the same for intake..no co2 or a/c at the moment.

thanks again doubleds!!!

another thing i was thinking of doing was buying a light mover and have it run back and forth in a row of plants. just an idea...not sure if\when i'll get around to doing it...

peace! j

Definately no light mover bro, those things suck big time.
In that space no cooltube bro. How come with such a big room only 1 light ?

dds

J

jdubz206

yo fab! yeah bro we need to do this soon :smiley_joint:

dds - i plan on adding more lights eventually but it just worked out that way for now...i have another room i could use..it's what i'm currently flowering in...i'm running 2 x 600 and 1 x 400 hps in a 10 x 10...i could move that setup to the bigger room but i figured i'd use all 1000 watters in the new room. i know 1000s put off a lot of heat so if i don't have to buy cooltubes, more fans, etc, i thought the bigger room would be better...the summer it gets pretty hot, i haven't had to buy an a/c yet but everything's aircooled in the 10 x 10..anyways, thanks for the help and i'll make sure to get some pics up once i have everything setup..

thanks 4 the help!!!

peace. j

Top Bottom