Need help building a shed for outdoor growing

• Thread starter TheScandinavianNoob
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TheScandinavianNoob

ok, so I have never grown any weed or read about it in detail.
I live in Norway a pretty cold and harsh country, I want to build a shed for growing weed outdoors far into a forest.
I need help with the materials ill need, like everything, any specific wood? what wall insulation is best etc since I am a complete noob.

Also any tips for making a portable energy source that I can recharge?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

As you already know, this is not a well thought out plan. You don't know if you'd even like growing.

Would you like a small cabin in the woods? I hope so, because you will be building one. How much will that cost you? Do you have another $5K for a generator that will run 24/7, or the money to bring utilities to it?

RomanFilipowicz

RomanFilipowicz

Large-scale growing involves lighting and sometimes watering gear, and because the Norwegian climate is generally too harsh for outdoor growing, the cost of providing sufficient real estate can be huge. Technically easy to learn growing but financially a lose project. You may know Cannabis are being imported here at cheap rate.

Ponky

Ponky

You need power. Lots of it. And a shed with 6" framed walls. Insulated. The cable will cost 15 dollars a meter. And then you need a garden supply center.

T

TheScandinavianNoob

As you already know, this is not a well thought out plan. You don't know if you'd even like growing.

Would you like a small cabin in the woods? I hope so, because you will be building one. How much will that cost you? Do you have another $5K for a generator that will run 24/7, or the money to bring utilities to it?
just a small shed that can fit 2 plants at a time, this is not thought out 1 bit as you said, it's just a plan to grow some medium quality weed to smoke much more cheaply than buying off of other people.
so I got the wood supply to build it and insulation is not that expensive, the only issue is power, or if I can insulate it pretty well, run a generator for an hour a day to heat up the place a bunch then disconnect and check every day on it to see how it's going.

T

TheScandinavianNoob

Large-scale growing involves lighting and sometimes watering gear, and because the Norwegian climate is generally too harsh for outdoor growing, the cost of providing sufficient real estate can be huge. Technically easy to learn growing but financially a lose project. You may know Cannabis are being imported here at cheap rate.
this is some newbie small scale growing for 2 plants max at a time.
unfortunately, everyone I know that sells cannabis sells at 250kr a gram and sometimes 200kr above 2 and 1700kr for 10g.
I don't know any plugs or anyone involved in the smuggling trade whether that be a cartel or the mafia

T

TheScandinavianNoob

You need power. Lots of it. And a shed with 6" framed walls. Insulated. The cable will cost 15 dollars a meter. And then you need a garden supply center.
do you even need that much power for some poor grade weed of medium? its just something to smoke for much cheaper then buying

widwestgreenscapes

widwestgreenscapes

Do you have any building experience? If you want to build a viable structure to grow deep in the forest, this will take a lot of planning, time, resources and a shit ton of ball busting hiking with materials to get it done. I’m not saying you can’t do it. Just thinking how much work it’s going to be to haul all the 2x4’s and sheeting, insulation, whatever you decide to roof with than the power source and all tools needed to construct.

Last edited:
Ponky

Ponky

do you even need that much power for some poor grade weed of medium? its just something to smoke for much cheaper then buying
Yeah. Heat. Air. Light. You need minimum one full branch circuit. Which means a sub panel at the least. It doesn't grow without power.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Do you have any building experience? If you want to build a viable structure to grow deep in the forest, this will take a lot of planning, time, resources and a shit ton of ball busting hiking with materials to get it done. I’m not saying you can’t do it. Just thinking how much work it’s going to be to haul all the 2x4’s and sheeting, insulation, whatever you decide to roof with than the power source and all tools needed to construct.
I think he might need more than 2x4s to put in the kind of insulation he'd need.

@TheScandinavianNoob: This would be a major endeavor, even for a 2-plant setup. Is there no way you can set up a small grow in your home? That would be the cheapest way to get some decent bud. An insulated shed in the woods, with power, would make your weed very expensive.

Ponky

Ponky

At 700 a zip. Means the charges are harsh. Like prison for a few years. So don't even bother growing. And the weed there isn't going to be worth it. Just take vacations to legal places.

widwestgreenscapes

widwestgreenscapes

He
I think he might need more than 2x4s to put in the kind of insulation he'd need.

@TheScandinavianNoob: This would be a major endeavor, even for a 2-plant setup. Is there no way you can set up a small grow in your home? That would be the cheapest way to get some decent bud. An insulated shed in the woods, with power, would make your weed very expensive.
He could pack up to R28 with 3.5” rigid foam board but that’s not cheap and I would do the floors door and ceiling as well and use a high density spray foam to seal off all the seams where the board is cut and stuffed. Not to mention waterproofing the exterior. The easiest way is probably a bituthene like grace. Wouldn’t count on that lasting super long though

T

TheScandinavianNoob

i live with my parent so cant do that in the house

T

TheScandinavianNoob

At 700 a zip. Means the charges are harsh. Like prison for a few years. So don't even bother growing. And the weed there isn't going to be worth it. Just take vacations to legal places.
i know the legal reprucostions are harsh but if we are careful to not leave prints it's worth it imo, some upfront cost then profit with weed for ourselves at the end, i read other comments so i know it will be hard and expensive

T

TheScandinavianNoob

He

He could pack up to R28 with 3.5” rigid foam board but that’s not cheap and I would do the floors door and ceiling as well and use a high density spray foam to seal off all the seams where the board is cut and stuffed. Not to mention waterproofing the exterior. The easiest way is probably a bituthene like grace. Wouldn’t count on that lasting super long though
how much do those boards go for?

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
You can build the sweetest most well insulated shed in the world. Without electricity it’s useless. Figure that out first. I admire your imagination, but unfortunately reality has to be addressed. Good luck! Oh, and a generator humming away out in the Still of the Norwegian Woods might attract some attention.

brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

Why not just start building some outdoor plots and get them ready for your grow season?

Problem with building a shed will be your going to make noise, but a shovel is much quieter and fencing is quiet also. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom