need help caterpillar eating my girl!!!

• Thread starter blowin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

blowin

so since young i feed and foliar; neem oil,insect soap, everything was going well. now i check outdoor top buds and i see green caterpillar and black dots. some bud is rotten and broke off
what to do? foliar neem? or rinse water early?

S

starzandskarz

sounds like loopers, get some safer or if you are organic get Monterey Bug Spray with spinosad

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Buds rotten and broken off? Sounds like it's a little too late. Gotta do the Bt/Spinosad spray as soon as you start getting buds. Best of luck.

M

mrbong73

I had some catepillars on my outdoor plant this year also. Found them at about week 3 or 4. I went through and picked them out with tweezers then sprayed with Monterey w/ Spinosaid. I had to remove some bud that was damaged also. They recovered nicely after that and the pillars didn't come back. The worm poo can lead to mold so be careful of that too.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Spray the spray every two weeks once buds have set, stop two weeks prior to harvest.

Mr. Greengenes

Mr. Greengenes

When you see buds drying up like that, they've been chewed through at the base. That means there's lots of caterpillars on there munching away as we speak. The best thing is any product that contains BT, or bacillus thuringiensis. You don't need canna specific product, Safer Caterpillar Killer from the garden center will work as well as any other. Important thing is speed. Run to the store, buy it and spray as soon as possible.

tèchnìquè

tèchnìquè

at what point of the day would you use the spray and how do you spray the buds.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
There are those who'll only spray at the crack of dawn. Well, I'm sitting here in my robe with my first cuppa joe and I'll be fucking DAMNED if I'm going to make a special trip just to spray my girls before the sun comes up. I do it in the evenings usually. I have never suffered ill effects, but there is every possibility there's someone out there who has reasons why you can't do it at sunset.

S

shikha1230

i agree on their posts! try to spray on the buds or your plants. let's see what is the outcome.

M

MydnyteToker

Caterpillar Larvae

cat_larvae_sm.jpg

I know this thread is dead but I snapped a pic of what the larvae look like just after hatching. I haven't seen a pic of this on any cannabis board. Easy to see how the problem can get away from you in no time. This pic is of an infestation on just ONE blade.

J

Jsän

My girl works at a plant nursery.

the phones have been ringing off the hook from growers with worms/caterpillar problems.
(occasional Mites)
it must be this mild summer.

Thanks for the BT/Sinosad recommendation...
it saved mine and soon others harvest.

Top Bottom