Need help choosing a light?!

• Thread starter Ross4Twenty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ross4Twenty

Ross4Twenty

been looking at spider farmer and Mars hydro, I need something that is equivalent to 600w hps, currently running 250w hps but wanting to buy myself a led light 🤞

There’s that many models etc I just don’t know which one to buy considering I’ve never used led before

ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

been looking at spider farmer and Mars hydro, I need something that is equivalent to 600w hps, currently running 250w hps but wanting to buy myself a led light 🤞

There’s that many models etc I just don’t know which one to buy considering I’ve never used led before
Will the light be used for veg, flower, or both? How many square feet are you trying to light?

Ross4Twenty

Ross4Twenty

Will the light be used for veg, flower, or both? How many square feet are you trying to lights

Sorry! I’m currently two plants in a 4ftx4ft tent , but I think a 3x3 should suffice? Or should I get a 4x4?

It will be used for just flowering as I’ll always be using a 250w hps for veg

ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

Sorry! I’m currently two plants in a 4ftx4ft tent , but I think a 3x3 should suffice? Or should I get a 4x4?

It will be used for just flowering as I’ll always be using a 250w hps for veg
How much canopy space you want is a function of how much yield you want per grow. In soil and without supplementing CO2, one ounce dried per square foot is a reasonable approximation. I want at least 30 watts of LED per square foot for soil and ambient CO2. At least 40W/ft² with hydro and/or CO2. Other features I want include detachable drivers (to get heat out of the tent) and continuous dimmers. I don't know how to get you within your budget buying new from Mars or Spider Farmer. You should be able to find something used around there.

Pilted

Pilted

For a 4x4 if you chose spider farmer you would want a SF 4000, a SE 5000 or a G 5000. Those would give you good light for flower across the whole 4x4 area.

Choppr

Choppr

I run these for $239.00 USD a little over your budget but you can dig up $40.00 more, (they were on sale a week ago for 199.00) I run these 1 plant 1 Light very good fixture.
full review @ https://www.cocoforcannabis.com/grow-light-guide/mars-hydro-fc-e3000-par-epar-test-and-review/

or 2 of the sp 150's in a 3x3 would work fine for 1 big plant (trained correctly) a friend of mine uses 8 of these in a basement grow, he brings in good crops every 10 wks. (2 for $180 USD)

good luck M8

Top Bottom